Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefftrish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the home page, just found it.
http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/homepage.htm

Jeff
Bliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Reply with quote

Picked this up today:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pretty clean car. Could use better mounting.

I ended up with this whip because the PO was totally frustrated with it . The ground wire came off one day, car shut down, and has never started again. It's running a stand alone Stinger ECU which was checked and found to be good. The igniter has been changed, and it is getting fuel. But it is not getting any spark. So, I need to get the car running first, then clean up the fit and finish of the installation.

One of the first things I'm going to do is establish a good ground to the motor or trans. From what I've read the ground to the body most ACVWs have is not always sufficient for these applications. If that isn't the problem I'll start from scratch and rewire the Stinger. Looking at all this spaghetti makes me wish the car was still VW powered

If I still have no luck getting spark to the coil then I may go ahead and send it to Outfront Motorsports, who are the experts on these swaps. PO says they did the swap, but it doesn't look like it. Oh yeah, the motor: 2.5 liter Subaru EJ25

Last edited by Bliss13 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: