Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any value in a "junk" case?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncstagger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Any value in a "junk" case? Reply with quote

I have an AS41 case with a hole in the top where a rod busted through.

After stripping everything off/out of it I was wondering if anybody wanted it or does it have any use to anyone? I can't think of anything it would be good for but I seem to be having a real hard time throwing away any VW parts so thought I would ask.

Resto thread here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549162

"Take your most realistic time frame and dollar amount.. then add half of that amount. When you get that total... double it. Only then will you be in the ballpark." - sofaking
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: junk case Reply with quote

Some of the bigger meets have a "case burning" event where one is torched and fire trucks pour water on it- AND a good time is had by all.

I accidentally left one in a pile of cases going to the line borer and it came back cut to .80.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the pick up tube survived, it is worth saving as they are better than the pick up's in the new cases

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Any value in a "junk" case? Reply with quote

ncstagger wrote:
I have an AS41 case with a hole in the top where a rod busted through.

After stripping everything off/out of it I was wondering if anybody wanted it or does it have any use to anyone? I can't think of anything it would be good for but I seem to be having a real hard time throwing away any VW parts so thought I would ask.

scrap. If the case is busted, welding will warp the main webs if they aren't already from the heat when the rod failed.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: