Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Filling rear apron.First I cut out bottom and tacked new bottom on a NOS apron
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Now I make peice and tack into place. I am useing a heli-arc welder with .023 steel rod on the machine at a very low amp.
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Another angle tack welded together. I like to hammer as mch shape into panel before I start welding.
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Everything tacked and welded together
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Everything welded,ground,hammer'd and file'd flat
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Another angle. NO filler need'd
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Thought it might need some extra strength where I removed stock inner structure, So I made this to mount back in.
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

The final fit
CanadianBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Very nice!

bodywork isn't a fucking race.
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianBug wrote:
Nice!
Very nice!
Well thank you sir !
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

What I started with before repairing hood handle area
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

After fileing and grinding holes, Made and tack welded new peice's in
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Now I tig weld useing .023 steel rod
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Now I use my cut-off wheel and shave down weld. I try to only grind weld and save the metal
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Now I finish by hammer/dolly work and file area flat.
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

Finished both holes
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

I machined a male/female die for embossed hood handle area
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Metal shape'n and fabrication going on at GAB-FAB Reply with quote

The final product
mrmarcdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious skills.... very nice.
danny gabbard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmarcdude wrote:
Serious skills.... very nice.
Thanks I hope you like the pictures!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: