Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Do ICT's fit Kadron manifolds?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Do ICT's fit Kadron manifolds? Reply with quote

Or can they be made to fit? Just looking for taller intakes. Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OLD VW NUT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is only 6mm difference in the throttle size the ICT might be a close fit to the Kadron manifolds. Your throttle linkage will be raised as well which could cause problems.

Other car - 2013 VW Golf TDI
jefftrish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bolt holes on the top of the kadron intakes is about 1/2 an inch wider. Bolt to bolt ICT 2 1/2: apart. Bolt holes Kadrons 3" apart

Regards,
Jeff
jefftrish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking,You could make a adapter plate if you don't have access to the ICT intakes.
The best way is to buy the proper intakes.

Jeff
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input and the measurements. Just tossing ideas around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a picture of what you're thinking about. A new plate with the ICT pattern was welded to the top of the steel manifold.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at these two photos and captions. Though they pertain to single-port intake manifolds, the carb flange dimensions are what you need. I don't have an ICT manifold to measure, but you do- so this may help you.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Comparison of manifolds for carburetors (left to right) Solex 32PDSIT (Type 3), Dell'Orto 34FRD (Type 1), Kadron (Solex/Brosol 40EIS).

PDSIT and 34FRD mounted on wood so that all have approx. the same flange height.

Carburetor stud/hole spacing, approx. center to center:
PDSIT 2 3/8" (60mm)
34FRD 2 11/16" (68mm)
Kadron 2 7/8" (73mm)

Carb flange hole diameter:
PDSIT 1 3/8" (35mm)
34FRD 1 1/2" (38mm)
Kadron 1 9/16" (40mm)

Balance tube outer diameter:
PDSIT 5/8" (17mm)
34FRD drilled for 3/8" hole (9mm)
Kadron 5/16" (8mm)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Comparison of manifolds for (left to right) Solex 32PDSIT for Type 3, Dell'Orto 34FRD (Type 1 application), and Kadron (Solex/Brosol 40 EIS).

Height of carb flange to manifold mounting flange (simulates the vertical height above the head), measured to underside of bottom flange at attachment holes:
PDSIT 3.0" (76mm)
34FRD 3 3/4" (95mm)
Kadron 5 3/4" (146mm)

Runner length, along "inner" side of manifold pipe (facing the engine), from top of carb flange surface to bottom outlet of manifold:
PDSIT 3 3/4" (95mm)
34FRD 4 5/8" (117mm)
Kadron 6 1/4" (158mm)

All have the manifold base "shoulders" extending 1/4" (6mm) downward into the head's intake port.

Most likely you are working with dual-port heads. The DP Kadron manifolds are similar in height to the SP ones.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
wokokow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Do ICT's fit Kadron manifolds? Reply with quote

Digging around some ideas I have and thus landed on this old post. So sorry in advance.

I'm intending to start building a 1200cc motor but would like to dual carb it. So I bought a nice set of 1300cc heads because I knew getting manifolds that would bolt on the 1200cc heads is next to impossible. This was because I had been planning to use 34ICTs on it.
Then I also acquired a pair of 32PDSITs and thought I can save the ICTs for another 1776cc build. Now I've been searching for single port manifolds that can take the PDSITs married to the 1300cc heads on a type 1 application. Are they available anywhere? Or if not, can I fab something for manifolds?
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Do ICT's fit Kadron manifolds? Reply with quote

Easy: These: https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3261.htm I bought a pair, and the carb flange hole pattern is the same as for your 32 PDSIT's which I tried myself. And the manifold attachment spacing at the head is same for a 1300 as for a 1500/1600 SP head.
wokokow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Do ICT's fit Kadron manifolds? Reply with quote

Thanks so much @Rome. Problem solved. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: