Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Birch panel templates
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruffturn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Related highjack alert. I cannot find 5'x5' Baltic birch panels. I have called half a dozen or more local lumber yards. I called a few out of state places I found on the interweb. I think I found two places out west that could get it, but shipping at that point was exorbitant. Anyone have a source in the S.E.? It would make a good excuse to take a long ride.

Sorry to the OP for the contribution to the hijack.

Might try these folks on the north side of Orlando:

Woodcraft Woodworker's Supply

Pretty sure that they handle baltic birch in european size sheets. If not, I'm gonna lay odds that one of the dudes that work there can tell you where to get it. For woodworking, they may not have everything, but they're close.

I haven't looked around for some in a while. I do know that you can stain HD or Lowes birch plywood to look like walnut, cherry, poplar and maybe others. The bottom of this walnut box is cheap Lowes plywood:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Everything is ultimately relative.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: