Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'70 Beetle pedal cluster question
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: '70 Beetle pedal cluster question Reply with quote

This '70 Beetle has been a longish project for me, started last year and stagnated over the winter 'cause I didn't feel like working on it in the cold. Now that its nice out I'm poking it again.

I picked up a new pedal cluster last year as a I managed to snap the bracket of the original one (it was in poor shape anyways). Put it together and threw it in the car, but didn't really mess with it. Now that I look at it something isn't right with the gas pedal.

So I've got a dumb question, what did I do wrong here?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

With the rubber cover on it it wont go down nearly far enough

With the cover off it goes down a little further, but still gets caught on the bracket (?). I'm assuming its supposed to go all the way down, otherwise it doesn't have much travel at all.

The roller isn't centered at all, the guide on the pedal can completely miss it. I could put a spacer in and it would be a little better, but still not great.

Its been a while, I don't remember if I ordered the whole kit from the same place or the gas pedal stuff separately. Unless I put it together wrong, the pieces don't appear to get along? I guess its possible I ordered / was shipped something for the wrong year, just seems odd.

I could make it work by cutting and rewelding the wheel guide on the pedal and cutting a notch out where it hits the bracket too soon, but it seems like I shouldn't have to.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: