Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbturbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

You taking a break from it??
cory vaughn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Well, I just joined up here on Samba! My name is Cory Vaughn, Im the one building this bug. I want to thank all of you for everything thats been said, and to my brother Andy, for starting this thread. Its been a long journey, cancer, being broke, lol. But this car shows what you can do when you are garage rich and money poor, if I didnt have something, I found a way to make it. This car is a result of tons of influence from all the old hot rodding magazines rather than typical vw influences. I started on this thing so long ago, but this is far as I can take it. I have run out of money, and Im getting where I cant get up and down so easy, from decades of doing bodywork, and my damn eyesight is frustrating at times, at 60, getting old has been no fun . But you guys are the inspiration that kept us going!Going to try and get it to the next Farmington ,N.C. VW meet, on a trailer probably, unfinished. If anybody would want to come look at it, just contact us, one of us is always here. Dont know what this car would be worth, but it might have to go on down the road, just in case your looking for something like this, its not for everybody. If I find a engine, I will put it in and get it driveable, but I really built this car on a whim, out of the cars we had out back , and all our good parts. The fun was in the building of it for me. If I dont get it running , thats will be fine with me. Thanks again yall!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

This build has been an inspiration to many of us. Hope all works out.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nshaddox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

As someone who also understands project ADD, I would suggest that you at least drive it around the block before offloading or taking a hiatus. Its worth the effort.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

MAN! That SUCKS!!! You guys have been doing a great job, don't give up on her, you're SOOO close. NO one would give y'all any shit if you just got her running & drove it just like it is. I will definitely be going to Farmington if this beast is gonna be there. I just wish y'all were closer because I would definitely help out if I could.

Sadly, whoever may end up with it would not likely be able to continue the epic craftsmanship that has gone into it up to this point.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

I had the great pleasure of tripping out to see this car. They are killing it with just bare nescities. Saddens me to hear that it may be heading down the road without you behind the wheel. Health is important, and I understand the need to take care of yourself. All our thoughts and prayers are with you.
cory vaughn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Thanks guys , my health is pretty good, just getting old I guess, I couldnt get on disability, even though I qualified as disabled, so Im back to finding a job that can work around having a colostomy bag that is right in my waistline, I have to wear sweatpants, and cant tuck my shirt in, and always have to be near a bathroom!That all worked fine working for myself, but the old car business is gone around here, and I cant get it done fast enough, I have money problems more than anything else. TDCTDI, my biggest worry is somebody would change it around , or not get what I did to it, that happened with my brothers convertible. That can always happen. The way I built it, it would be hard to do it any different than I started it, I did that on purpose,lol. Dont worry guys, I have faith that I might find a engine, get Andy to do a little wiring, because I really would love to drive it. You never know whats going to happen!
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Wish I was closer, I'd gladly volunteer for manual labor.. I don't have any fabricating talents, but i can pick things up, put them down, and hold them still..

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Sucks getting older.. things that were once a breeze to knock out ...take a few days or worse.. takes a month or more to recover from it. ..an illness addedd amplifies it all.

Corey and Andy.... Press on.. the goal is near.. your inspiration is unparalleled.. we will be here.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Best thread. Will be missed.
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Still wishing there were updates
cory vaughn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

We would have updates, but we are down to getting a motor together. Its just covered up in the garage, was wanting to go to the first bug bash with it, but with this virus, who knows when the shows start back up, I appreciate yall staying interested in it, it kills me to walk around it in the garage not doing anything to it, I have been finishing up the 51 Chevy you see in the background of some of the pics. Needless to say, these are strange times. I would love to roll it out and get some 100 foot away shots of it ! We are at a standstill right now. Maybe I can talk Andy into some more pics of it . Thanks guys!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Hit me up if you need someone to help out to get it rolling again. I'm sure that there are others that would love the opportunity to partake in being part of this project too.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Hey guys. Still hoping for the finished product. I wish I was A bit closer as well, if just to help out a bit.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

I gotta go on record and say that I'm also anxious to see it roll under its own power...whether in primer, missing glass, whatever, but after following this for so long, I gotta see it roll! :2gunfire:
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

You're so close! You gotta at least get it working enough to rip around the block once!
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Yes, throw anything into it to take it down the road. Single port would be killer😏
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Today is the 7th anniversary of this thread. Shocked
It’s been fun following along. Best of luck to you.
72MUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Have always checked in on this thread , nice to see something that's so different ,would be great to see it hit the road under its own power !
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaughn Bros Fenderless Bug Build Reply with quote

Still miss this thread. Hope you guys are well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Page 35 of 37

Jump to: