Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I was Ripped off at Bug-in!! Any help will be a great thing!
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: I was Ripped off at Bug-in!! Any help will be a great thing! Reply with quote

I Still can't believe this happened...????
I was at the Bug in here in Irwindale California yesterday!! I was selling my 1972 Westfalia Camper bus in a space, left for 1/2 hour to look around, to find out nearly ALL MY STUFF WAS STOLEN!!!
I had walked the swap early in the morning, bought stuff, and had it in back of my bus, IN MY SPACE! Someone told someone else that ALL THE STUFF IN THE CORNER OF SPACE WAS FREE!!!!! WHAT????
Comes out that I did get a deck lid, with "FREE" written on it, but it was laying on ground, someway, someone picked it up (WHo I have no idea) and decided that ALL THIS STUFF WAS FREE?????????????????
I was lucky enough to get back and save some of it, But what I am asking is.
IF YOU TOOK ANYTHING FROM MY SPACE, PLEASE GIVE IT BACK???
I understand it was some kind of wierd mistake I guess, or maybe some Jerk thought it was funny, sat the decklid up, and told others it was all free? I dont know exaclly, but PLEASE, I really want my stuff back...
Stolen/ taken was:
westfalia Jumpseat, (Behind driver) Weber single carberator, (24 pict size) 2 heater boxes, Monza exaust, and a few more things I dont for sure remember what.
But please, I am not mad, I just want a Honest person that has it, to please call me , and let me get the stuff back. Even if it was not you that has it, maybe you SAW WHO TOOK THE STUFF, I just want my stuff.
Take in to consider this, it is SUNDAY, Not a good day to steal, (No day is) and I believe highly in KARMA, so if you want to live with yourself, and your a good person, PLEASE CALL ME, AND LET ME HAVE MY STUFF BACK..
Name is Barry, number is
714) 848-3700, thank you, PLEASE HELP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D0N1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the decklid marked as free was near your other unsecured "junk", I might have assumed it was all free too.

Next time, maybe put your swap-shop purchases in a secure place? Confused
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if stuff is marked free you should at least try to make contact with the owner before walking off with it.

Sorry to hear and I hope you get your parts back.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GA_Boy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this day and age you don'tleave stuff out or it will be gone when you get back. I always use the Buddy system----maybe the person next to you.
Marvin
skatevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D0N1 wrote:
if the decklid marked as free was near your other unsecured "junk", I might have assumed it was all free too.

SECURE MY STUFF??? At a swap meet?? So to what your saying stright inmmy mind;
you see a part saying on thing, say $10.oo, and nothing else has a price MUST ALL BE $10 BUCKS???!!!
WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skatevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pondoras box wrote:
Even if stuff is marked free you should at least try to make contact with the owner before walking off with it.

Sorry to hear and I hope you get your parts back.

thank you
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks man, hope you get your shit back. this was not your fault dude, they probably need it more than you man.
utahclaimjumper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We PAY for every lesson in life,,,some more than others.>>Dan
cseay1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your stuff, that's definitely a bad day.

A few dozen feet of cable and a padlock goes a long way to discourage would-be sticky fingers, and clue-in well-intentioned yet dim-witted folks that "hey, maybe I should ask someone/pay for this before I take it"
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I was Ripped off at Bug-in!! Any help will be a great th Reply with quote

skatevw wrote:
I was at the Bug in here in Irwindale California yesterday!! I was selling my 1972 Westfalia Camper bus in a space, left for 1/2 hour to look around, to find out nearly ALL MY STUFF WAS STOLEN!!!
I had walked the swap early in the morning, bought stuff, and had it in back of my bus, IN MY SPACE! Someone told someone else that ALL THE STUFF IN THE CORNER OF SPACE WAS FREE!!!!! WHAT????
Comes out that I did get a deck lid, with "FREE" written on it, but it was laying on ground, someway, someone picked it up (WHo I have no idea) and decided that ALL THIS STUFF WAS FREE?????????????????
I understand it was some kind of wierd mistake I guess, or maybe some Jerk thought it was funny, sat the decklid up, and told others it was all free? I dont know exaclly, but PLEASE, I really want my stuff back...
Stolen/ taken was:
westfalia Jumpseat, (Behind driver) Weber single carberator, (24 pict size) 2 heater boxes, Monza exaust, and a few more things I dont for sure remember what.
But please, I am not mad, I just want a Honest person that has it, to please call me , and let me get the stuff back. Even if it was not you that has it, maybe you SAW WHO TOOK THE STUFF, I just want my stuff.
Take in to consider this, it is SUNDAY, Not a good day to steal, (No day is) and I believe highly in KARMA, so if you want to live with yourself, and your a good person, PLEASE CALL ME, AND LET ME HAVE MY STUFF BACK..
Name is Barry, number is

Wait, just to be clear...you picked up a part that said "FREE" on it, and put it in your own pile of stuff with "FREE" still visible?
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatevw wrote:
D0N1 wrote:

SECURE MY STUFF??? At a swap meet?? So to what your saying stright inmmy mind;
you see a part saying on thing, say $10.oo, and nothing else has a price MUST ALL BE $10 BUCKS???!!!
WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM???

Yes Sir! Secure Place, like inside your car. If I walked by and saw a pile of stuff with a decklid/cardboard/fender/sign that read FREE, I would assume the whole pile was FREE and if there was something that might interest me, I WOULD TAKE IT! Now I feel for your loss, but lesson learned. I do hope you get your stuff back as this was totally a misunderstanding. Live and Learn.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But even if it was 'free', wouldn't you at least THANK the guy before taking it?

Please don't blame the victim. I hope you get your stuff back!
Fab4Fan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sucks. definately gotta have someone else to stay at the spot if you leave. If not you should secure your stuff in the car or at the very least biring a tarp or sheet to cover everything. If someone is snooping under the tarp hopefully people watching will call them out on it.

Maybe someone really needed it, if not you should probably start checking craigslist and ads here.
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a similar, but more funny note. At an event, I left a couple of items marked free on my bumper. I walking by vendors and I noticed one of my free items among the others for sale. I was a bit pissed, so I call the guy out on it. Turns out (his story, but I believe him) it some kid brings it to him asking if he wants to buy it. He doesn't but he tells the kid put it on the ground and check back with me. If it sells, I'll give you the money.

Well I did just want the things gone, so I guess I got my wish. But I did want it the stuff to go to fellow van owners for free.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long were you away? It sounds like it would be more than just an armload to haul all your stuff away.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zozo wrote:
How long were you away? It sounds like it would be more than just an armload to haul all your stuff away.

in the original post, twas typed:
skatevw wrote:
, left for 1/2 hour to look around,

next time put a tarp over your stuff. sucks that it happened, but still....
Madtat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer, hope you get your stuff back. Next time take a buddy with you and switch off watching your stuff to go look around.
Twisted Evil
61SNRF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this terrible news from Ed Economy late in the afternoon. Couldn't hardly believe it then, and it's still hard to imagine.

The Dirt bags who took the stuff had to know it wasn't all "free", they just took advantage of the situation and helped themselves. I wonder if it was one person, or if others jumped in once they saw the looting going on?

So sorry to hear there are jerks like this around. Best wishes on getting any or all of it back.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
D0N1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

utahclaimjumper wrote:
We PAY for every lesson in life,,,some more than others.>>Dan

exactly what I was trying to say. Maybe this guy has learned not to leave his valuable items laying around where other people can walk off with them?

Idea
D0N1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: I was Ripped off at Bug-in!! Any help will be a great th Reply with quote

Zeen wrote:
skatevw wrote:
Stolen/ taken was:
Name is Barry, number is

Wait, just to be clear...you picked up a part that said "FREE" on it, and put it in your own pile of stuff with "FREE" still visible?

You forgot the part where he is then surprised when EVERYTHING ends up gone when he leaves it unattended.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: