Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I got profiled
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had dreads every vehicle I drove apparently smelled like weed.....At least according to the Peterborough NH police department. It didn't matter if it was my bus or an Aries K or a tercel. Ironically I didn't smoke pot, so I would have a lot of fun with them. I never got a ticket, ever. I used to light incense in the bus as I was pulling over just to screw with them.
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kabasue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the 90s on the east coast I drove a 86 ford ltd got pulled over all the time at least once a month. Some times they wanted to search the car, sometimes they just let me go. It all magically went away after I bought a brand new pick up truck. Haven't been pulled over in the bug/bus here in Reno, but that might because every one in here in Reno owns a vintage car of one sort or another.
73 Westy with a 411 engine (Finally Finished)
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fun thread and I had to think for a while to remember this story. One time I was leaving my friends house when a cop pulled me over. He comes up to the window and barks "where's all the speed?" So I started laughing out loud and he yells "this isn't funny!" And I say "well you got to understand I haven't done that shit in years". And then he says "good, then you won't mind if I search your car?" And I say "fuck yes I'll mind!" And he says "well I am going to search it anyways!" So he pulls me out and cuffs me and puts me in the back seat of his squad car and starts tearing through my bug. Then he comes back and gets me out, takes the cuffs off and says "well, I found your pipe and your dope and I put it in the center console. Here is your license, your free to go" Shocked I got in my car and was shocked, I didn't know I even had a bag of weed! Very Happy
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
bigbore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got pulled over about 4 months ago at the top of a small hill (keep that in mind) by our local cops the main town intersection is about 5 blocks behind me at the bottom of the hill he comes up and said do you know how fast you were going? I said no I had it to the floor like I always do climbing a hill (my bus is a stock 71) he said your were doing 45 in a 35 Shocked and you did a illegal right turn at the light. I said well I don't often get accused of speeding Shocked UP A HILL Laughing he did laugh at that as for the turn at that light the pavement is wide there and the cops don't like you going over the white line and passing cars in the right even thou there is plenty of room and it is commonly done he let me off but I did have the gall to say awe come on a speeding ticket I wanted to frame it! Laughing he was laughing as he walked off we have petty cool cops for the most part up here.
Zhaph
Samba Member

Location: When you're talking home, you mean the Old Dominion!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a story of my own, but I've really enjoyed all the ones in this thread! As for whose driving was at fault in the original post: c'mon guys, the poster even quoted his state's driving laws, proving that what he did wasn't against the law! He's definitely not at fault.
suffecool2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my state & many others it is illegal to pass on the right, wasn't trying to bust his balls. He's been on here since 2007, so i'm sure he knows how this forum (internet) works.
Any time you express an opinion, especially on the internet, you're gonna get an opposing view. So I'm not sure why he got butt-hurt so easy Laughing

I know "internet balls" can be a problem sometimes, but come on, all of this was so far just light hazing, & no insults ! Maybe I should get butt-hurt for being called a geezer at only 37 Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get pulled over all the time for no reason other than I am driving a VW bus in the most dumbass redneck state in the USA. The cops have come up with such bullshit reasons that I have quoted back to them the statutes that they were misrepresenting to me. Also, they always seem to be surprised that a sober 56 year old guy is driving the bus! The aren't terribly observant.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tootype2crazy wrote:
I am looking at the Missouri driver's handbook as I type right now and I was not in the wrong.

From the book:

Passing on the Right
The driver of a motor vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:
• When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn;

I was driving behind a guy in the left lane of a four lane road and he slowed down at street like he was going to turn left, but then let off the brakes and kept going.

You could maybe argue that one with the cop but it seems like he would still have cause to pull you over beyond the default profiling assumption.

But let's move on and say the officer was wrong on that one - you win! Very Happy

Zhaph wrote:
As for whose driving was at fault in the original post: c'mon guys, the poster even quoted his state's driving laws, proving that what he did wasn't against the law! He's definitely not at fault.

Nice tux, eh? Definitely definitely definitely not at fault! Rolling Eyes

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

tootype2crazy wrote:
So naturally I got a little close to him because he slowed down to 25 to do that and then continued to drive slow as if he didn't know where he was going.

My cousin Vinny found this law on the Missouri books!

Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 304
Traffic Regulations
Section 304.017
Distance at which vehicle must follow, penalty.
304.017. 1. The driver of a vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonably safe and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicle and the traffic upon and the condition of the roadway. Violation of this section shall be deemed a class C misdemeanor.
d'oh!

Wasn't that a great movie? Popcorn
(sold - but not forgotten)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: