Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Daizee broke hip Tues. ~ now on the mend
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to you D. Get well soon . Scooby's-a-callin.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Daizee Update Reply with quote

I have read her all your wonderful replies, and each one cheered her up more.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! She is fortunate to have such a kind, thoughtful and helpful friend in you. What a blessing and a testament to the power of friends and the significance of your character in action. Bravo!

DougM
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get better soon Daizee.

Prayers out to you for a speedy and full recovery.

LP
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple rusty wood screws, a piece of coat hanger, some super glue, well heck keeps the wbx fixed!, Keep up your spirits Daizee, it's spring and the road is a calling. Best, morymob.
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on this new page...............
morymob wrote:
A couple rusty wood screws, a piece of coat hanger, some super glue, well heck keeps the wbx fixed!, Keep up your spirits Daizee, it's spring and the road is a calling. Best, morymob.

To be totally honest, we really are standing by for a word from Daizee. I hope you are healing well and able to communicate soon Zelda. You have such a way with words, and, I can only anticipate your next ourburst after all of this BS Very Happy

Hang in there and get back to us soon. Kisses! o~ Cool
This should cheer you up. Jahbah~D went to Moab, and all we got was this epic pic
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Rallyedude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! that pic is sweet! If that doesn't scream inspirational , I don't what else would. Must get client work done and start on my diesel westy. Speedy recovery Daizee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
One more islander...
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on how Daizee's doing?
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. It's me for real. Am in a University Rehab Centre in downtown Toronto and altho I'm not enjoying it I am embracing it. Physio is tough but compassionalte. They are fast tracking me thru so I can get home to my dog. Weight bearing reasonably good but some of the standing exercises are killers. A lot of moisture passes out my eyes but I persevere. Am fighting off the wicked Depression, every few days it gets me down but staff are great proper uppers.

May get out for a few hours this weekend to go home see my dog and Holly has been great about picking up clean cloths etc.... for me.

Alas some major changes will be in the works, not supposed to drive for 3 mths but I'm not sure I agree with that, will definitely be selling SCOOBY now. I have to get my apartment completely cleaned out to make way for wheel chair and walker and will probably hire a dog walker for a few months at least. Have to buy many different types of equipment to facilitate the hip. It's metal so I'll need to tell people when I go thru securities.

My computer won't pick up this wifi so I rarely get on the internet. I am presently on the patient''s computer that is located in our lounge. My head is finally clearing from all the strong narcotics. I fell early morning on the 14th and didn't have surgery until late evening on the 16th . THAT was the worst.

So I'm mending and I really miss you all (yes all of you) and I really really apppreciate your kinds words and encouragement, Holly is a former professional colleague and we have stayed friends over the years. I value her as a friend.

Oh yes put my 2nd cataract surgery off until the end of August as getting around for Drs apptments and clinics is going to be tough until I can work something out or start driving.

I will re-plan for a future trip to Alarics as I had my last GW order mailed to him, So maybe I can still meet many of you yet. Sad to miss Natural Bus and Vanagons in the Valley. I can only say what must be must be.

So in the next day or two I should be able to get back on this computer and read all your tales. Happy Holidays to you all. Zee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were glad to have you back. Keep up the mending.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daizee,
Glad to hear that you are doing better.
Keep your spirits up, I know how difficult rehab can be.

Make sure to work as hard as you can in physio too, I know that its tough but every physio session is one step closer to being strong again.

All the best,
Gruppe B
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear your progress Zee. Definitely a lot on your plate all at once. Hoping you don't have to sell Scooby Blue, but, if you do, I forsee a really nice Automatic & passenger in your future, complete with Z Bed and weekender table option Wink

Keep up the good work.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have missed all this but glad to see you are on your way to recovery.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
BillWYellowstone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so sorry to hear of all this. Keep on getting better, hoping and praying for you.
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you D. Continue to heal, your in my prayers.
syncromike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're recovering. Rehab is tough but you'll be more mobile because of it. Keep your spirits up!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Instagram Classifieds Feedback
onemat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daizie,
Best wishes with the therapy and getting back to normal. I have been through multiple foot and hand surgeries and a knee replacement. You'll get past all of it soon and get back in the swing.
Matt
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went for a very short visit with my dog (GREAT Happiness) and stopped to pick up my glasses from Scooby. Looking good. Pain is finally lessening. Mastered wheel chair, hate walker, now working with canes and stairs. Yesterday learned how to get in & out of vehicles. It's kinda hard to believe that the pain will be completely gone in awhile. Z
rcook52459
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pain WILL subside,it will take time.might not go dancing for awhile,but the pain will go away.then things can get back to normal.just stay positive that's the key.prayers are with u
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: