Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bertie the orange 1973 1303S
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've had a CD player & a 'la cucaracha' musical horn fitted for xmas Mad-mas:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

actorboy
Samba Bum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work man. Looks like new. I like how you guys park on the grass next to the sidewalk! Laughing Now you just need some hot young girlfriend to roll with ya. Wink

Last edited by actorboy on Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks actorboy Very Happy i've already got my hot girlfriend too Wink

actorboy
Samba Bum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Life is good for you my young friend, enjoy yourself. Wink Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've done some work on to my floorpan - check out my website for more info

1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before:

after:

i'll have to get used to the windowscreen not clearing!

EvenS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you have to pay road TAX outside the UK? it looks as though it's £160 a year for me because bertie has a 1600CC engine

160 pounds? In Norway, there are no road tax whatsoever for vehicles older than 30 years... The obligatory insurance for my vintage VW is NOK 650 a year - that's less than £50 I think! Cool
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvenS wrote:
160 pounds? In Norway, there are no road tax whatsoever for vehicles older than 30 years... The obligatory insurance for my vintage VW is NOK 650 a year - that's less than £50 I think! Cool
thanks for that, i feel a lot happier now!
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just thought i'd update my bug profile...

got new empi 8's with 195's on the back & Smart Car tyres on the front, also got a new bumper (original german one)

got those new rear light lenses on - make elephant foots look a lot nicer IMO..

this one is to prove that i've finally come to my senses & lost the fluffy steering wheel cover & a few other tacky gadgets (can't get rid of the dice though!)

Herman's Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1973 1303S wrote:
SuperSkim wrote:
you did a good job on bert13 Very Happy
thanks Very Happy the work i've done may seem simple to some, but when i bought bertie i didn't know anything about the mechanical & body repair area of the beetle, i just loved the beetle, so i just learnt as i went along. things didn't go as easy as they appear on my website - bertie gave me a real hard time with things not going as well as i hoped, but all the stress, hard work & money paid off!

I've been through your website and read everything. Very impressive, and you really have a car you can be proud of!

Congratulations!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lstregis wrote:
I've been through your website and read everything. Very impressive, and you really have a car you can be proud of!

thanks Very Happy i'm actually surprised at how much attention bertie gets & all the comments he gets when i take him college, the other day i drove past a group of lads & i heard one of them say "that car is bad ass" (for you americans - that means it's cool Wink ), so why are they driving around like pricks in their modified Nova's??

you can't beat an old guy coming up to you & having a chat about how he used to own one though Wink
Jessica
Samba Chat Whore

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Carl, you are doing a great job with Bertie! Have you repaired most of the rust now? Any other plans?
RIP RW

Quote:
MrBreeze: The snorklestang has no history. It was here before time began. Jesus himself drove that to high school
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessica wrote:
Hey Carl, you are doing a great job with Bertie! Have you repaired most of the rust now? Any other plans?

hey jessica! thanks! yeah i've pretty much done all i've wanted to do, my bug will always have it's little problem areas - like the drivers side has been keyed very deeply down to bare metal, & there are tiny touch-up bits but other than that he looks in good shap Very Happy

as for my plans, i hope to get bertie up on ramps & hamertie & wirebrush the underside of the floorpan, i'm also unsure what to do because the front end sits a bit too high because of how thin the walls of the front tyres are Confused

how are your bugs? i remember Sunshine but do you still own any of your others? got Sunshine out for summer cruising yet?? Cool
Jessica
Samba Chat Whore

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the pictures of the keying on Bertie. That sucks. Sad Good luck with the floorpan and keep us updated. Wink

As for my bugs..well I finally moved out of my parents house and live in an apartment now. I brought Sunshine over here and have her stored in our garage. I left my 67 beetle (Graffiti) at home for now since he still needs to be worked on. It has been raining almost everyday here. Sad I decided to just wait until June 1st before I put insurance on Sunshine and get her out. So only a few more days... Very Happy
RIP RW

Quote:
MrBreeze: The snorklestang has no history. It was here before time began. Jesus himself drove that to high school
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airkooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie is lookin good with those 8-spokes, I have been keeping an eye on your website and you are doing a great job!!! How is Mertle coming along, by the way? The link to Rachel's site does not work.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airkooled wrote:
Bertie is lookin good with those 8-spokes, I have been keeping an eye on your website and you are doing a great job!!! How is Mertle coming along, by the way? The link to Rachel's site does not work.

thanks Very Happy

as for Rach's bug, she decided that it just needed too much work doing. we don't have a garage to store it in, & the guy that said he was going to help us out with the welding & spraying never shown up once. i also think she lost faith in that it would ever get done & decided that it just needed too much spending on it, but i've told her that if she ever wants a bug there's nothing stopping her getting one in the condition that bertie was in when i bought him. because basically she was going to throw the money into it & i was going to do as much on it as i could, & i had no money to throw into it so in the end we gave it to our mate who got the bug home & is always restoring bugs! so it'll be saved - i'll post pics on my site actually when he gets his finger out & works on it!

although i'm hoping to get my feelers on a project 1302s when i can afford it!
airkooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am partial to 1302's, myself! Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HamburgerBrad
Je suis Napoléon!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airkooled wrote:
I am partial to 1302's, myself! Wink

1303 all the way. but the early ones with the 1302 suspension...like mine Very Happy

Wanted: two beat up, ugly, curb rashed 6" phone dial wheels
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Macca_nzl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man,

Excellent job with Bertie, he looks almost like a different car. those bumper overriders look awesome aswell. Congrats.What have you still got to do on him?

wanted - Blade from ambo fans.
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca_nzl wrote:
Excellent job with Bertie, he looks almost like a different car. those bumper overriders look awesome aswell. Congrats.What have you still got to do on him?

thanks Very Happy well, at the moment, i still need to re-do the repair job i did around the front windowscreen, i've re-done all of my other 'first attempts' but when it's nice out there i'll do this one better too

yeah i'm very pleased with how he looks now, when i see his reflection in shop windows & stuff i still can't believe it, i never thought i'd ever be this pleased with how he looks Smile

it could do with being lowered but the red springs kinda make it look cool for now IMO whilst i've not got the money
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: