Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aftermarket Ragtop
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Broshow260 wrote:
v8nate wrote:
Just got an email saying it was sent out yesterday still have my fingers crossed:)
hi.....can you advise me on how to get in contact with these guys so that I may order one as well.....I have sent numerous emails trying to just get a response and never get one... I want to buy one but they never respond...thanks

I'm assuming you are emailing contact.ragtop.com.br and have you not received a single reply whatsoever? The communication is not great and I have been emailing them for a couple years(maybe 5 times and I was trying to be a cheapskate and asked them if they would sponsor me with a top and a mini display ragtop to bring to shows but they weren't having that.lol) up until recently I didn't have the spare money to buy one and I wrote them an email very straightforward telling them the year of my bug, what fabric, and my address, I copied the entire email and went to Google translate and included a copy of my email in Portuguese just to be sure I was getting thru. I have heard English is very backwards with how things are said so dont use slang and keep your messages simple. Let them know you are serious if you are and they will send you there PayPal info. You can also call the shop and ask for Osmir he speaks English and that might be a better route to go. Best of luck to you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

It finally showed up! That was a long 7500+mile trip all in one week the box definitely had me a little worried but upon opening everything up and checking it out it looks like it's all there:) Definitely hand fabricated but a good job, top itself looks sweet, the inner frame doesn't look bent in the wrong way whatsoever, front trim and passenger trim are fantastic the drivers side has a couple scratches and the rear plate(that you will never see has a few bends but nothing I cant straighten out) the little Knicks and a few bent spots would piss some people off but you know what it came in one piece and I'm stoked! If the main rails that it slides in were bent it would be a different story but overall for the long trip it took you gotta expect something and at least its minor. It even came with English instructions! I'll email osmir on that rear plate and see what he has to say.
I really need to get hopping on my motor so I can put this in that should lite a fire under my ass(well that and not driving my bug!)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryanheinze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Awesome! I can't wait to see how it all goes and turns out. Thanks for starting a writeup on this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

ryanheinze wrote:
Awesome! I can't wait to see how it all goes and turns out. Thanks for starting a writeup on this.

You betcha its gonna be SWEET!
Murt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

C'mon V8nate, quit stalling and get cutting Very Happy

But on a serious note, are YOU pleased with the quality etc ?? photos look great, I'm sure there's quite a few like me, that are watching your progress on this with a view to buying one

Cheers

dave
2017 Golf GTD saloon
2008 VW EOS 2.0 TFSi
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Murt wrote:
C'mon V8nate, quit stalling and get cutting Very Happy

But on a serious note, are YOU pleased with the quality etc ?? photos look great, I'm sure there's quite a few like me, that are watching your progress on this with a view to buying one

Cheers

dave

Most definitely the rails are super ridged, canvas feels great, no loose stitching, inner frame structure is decently thick, headliner doesn't have all the little holes like original headliner but no big. I've only looked at real ragtops at car shows never dealt with one with my own 2 hands but for being hand crafted I would say it is superb. Now how it holds up to rain I will find out and post honestly but that time will come. If I have a spare weekend before my motor is done I'll think about it but I'd feel like a dick.lol
Murt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback on quality

Personally, I'm not going to be too bothered about the Rain issue, as although mine is not a Garage Queen, I tend not to drive out on weekends where it is forecast to be Piss**ing it down Very Happy

I see on their Website a few photos of Ovals/Splits, and I'm not sure of cutting up one of these, but I liked what you said about yours, mine is a 66, it's definitely no Frankenbug, but not got original motor, and has changes on it that suit me and me alone, like you, I have no plans to sell in the future, so I think why not.
The wife and I travelled to Belgium from the UK last weekend to go to the 'Le Bug' show at Spa Francorchamps, and it was excellent, I've never seen so many Aircooleds in my life at one event. The temp was in the 30's, and the guy/Gals in the Ragtops looked the happiest Very Happy
2017 Golf GTD saloon
2008 VW EOS 2.0 TFSi
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Murt wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on quality

Personally, I'm not going to be too bothered about the Rain issue, as although mine is not a Garage Queen, I tend not to drive out on weekends where it is forecast to be Piss**ing it down Very Happy

I see on their Website a few photos of Ovals/Splits, and I'm not sure of cutting up one of these, but I liked what you said about yours, mine is a 66, it's definitely no Frankenbug, but not got original motor, and has changes on it that suit me and me alone, like you, I have no plans to sell in the future, so I think why not.
The wife and I travelled to Belgium from the UK last weekend to go to the 'Le Bug' show at Spa Francorchamps, and it was excellent, I've never seen so many Aircooleds in my life at one event. The temp was in the 30's, and the guy/Gals in the Ragtops looked the happiest Very Happy

Any time Dave. Damn how cool! I was lucky enough to take a trip to Germany last year to visit my wife's mother's family and made it to the vw museum, the Vw factory and autostadt. It was a trip I'll never forget, even had a blast on the autobahn in a brand new awd turbo diesel Mercedes wagon keeping up with the Porsche's and the rest of the big boys doing over 250km! Needless to say I did a quality test on that Benz and everything checked out well but I had a hell of a time trying to change everything from German to english.lol Even though my 55 is no where close to original just a shell I'll leave its roof intact it will be custom but I'm going to leave the body stock and everything custom I will make bolt on for sure.
Broshow260
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Thanks for the response....I tried all day to call for Osmir and a lady answers that speaks no English whatsoever....lol....is there a certain time that you had success calling for this guy?...thanks

I'm assuming you are emailing contact.ragtop.com.br and have you not received a single reply whatsoever? The communication is not great and I have been emailing them for a couple years(maybe 5 times and I was trying to be a cheapskate and asked them if they would sponsor me with a top and a mini display ragtop to bring to shows but they weren't having that.lol) up until recently I didn't have the spare money to buy one and I wrote them an email very straightforward telling them the year of my bug, what fabric, and my address, I copied the entire email and went to Google translate and included a copy of my email in Portuguese just to be sure I was getting thru. I have heard English is very backwards with how things are said so dont use slang and keep your messages simple. Let them know you are serious if you are and they will send you there PayPal info. You can also call the shop and ask for Osmir he speaks English and that might be a better route to go. Best of luck to you[/quote]
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Well broshow I never called him he gave me his number for some WhatsApp I tried figuring it out but said hell with it and kept emailing him. If it makes you feel any better I still haven't gotten a response from the email I sent on Tuesday I'll have to email him again I'm wondering if alot of these emails end up in his junk or spam folder since they come from out of country? Any how I'll paste below the conversation I had with osmir(btw he never sent any pictures)
Broshow260
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

v8nate wrote:
Well broshow I never called him he gave me his number for some WhatsApp I tried figuring it out but said hell with it and kept emailing him. If it makes you feel any better I still haven't gotten a response from the email I sent on Tuesday I'll have to email him again I'm wondering if alot of these emails end up in his junk or spam folder since they come from out of country? Any how I'll paste below the conversation I had with osmir(btw he never sent any pictures)

I appreciate you trying to help.... It's frustrating because I have been emailing them for months ...I have that what'sapp ....if you still have that number can I borrow it? Lol"...anyway glad you had success ... I'm hoping to...thanks
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Oh shit I forgot to hit paste! Here it is

please talk to me on watsapp ok

is more fast

55 11 944553696

when you ragtop are finish 

send you pics 

sory my english 

tks

osmir
essjayarr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

I'm hearing crickets......
All ok?
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

essjayarr wrote:
All ok?

Everything good on my side of the fence just picked up my crank pulley from Mario at the dubshop, sending my rotating assembly out for balance on Tuesday and do a little more cleanup on the heads.
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Any luck broshow
essjayarr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

v8nate wrote:
essjayarr wrote:
All ok?

Everything good on my side of the fence just picked up my crank pulley from Mario at the dubshop, sending my rotating assembly out for balance on Tuesday and do a little more cleanup on the heads.

I was checking in to see if you have moved ahead with the ragtop install.
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Sorry for the long wait life got a little busy in the last few months. I'm getting ready in the next few weeks to start cutting I'll post pictures along the way and make a video of the install shortly after:)
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Dry fitted the frame to the outer rails. Fit isn't to my standards yet but I'll wait till I get it bolted to the car before I trim anything. I will also need to cut a slot in the front trim for the latch

wachuko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

v8nate wrote:
I just took a chance and ordered a kit from them fingers crossed it makes it in 1 piece from Brazil all the way up to Nw Washington

Thank you for the photos... subscribed as well.

1961 VW Beetle - Ownership Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=711372
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

You bet wachuko
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: