Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Manson about 10 years ago - OMG. Nothing is off limits. I was afraid the earth was going to open up and swallow me and everyone else that was there. Hope you can "enjoy" it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
Saw Manson about 10 years ago - OMG. Nothing is off limits. I was afraid the earth was going to open up and swallow me and everyone else that was there. Hope you can "enjoy" it!

Saw them about that long ago as well in Montreal. was a great show, just after his "dirty" look.

From the review i saw from yesterday, both manson and slipknot gave a pretty nice show. Can only be good!
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

well, Manson cancelled 5 minutes after he was supposed to start...

at least Slipknot was... above average.
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Chris Cornell on Wednesday. Just him and his guitar as well as one other performer who came in on a couple songs with a cello and/or keyboard. Never was a fan of "grunge", but was always a fan of his voice. He did not disappoint. He was an amazing entertainer and knew well enough to accentuate his voice rather than the music.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
Saw Chris Cornell on Wednesday. Just him and his guitar as well as one other performer who came in on a couple songs with a cello and/or keyboard. Never was a fan of "grunge", but was always a fan of his voice. He did not disappoint. He was an amazing entertainer and knew well enough to accentuate his voice rather than the music.

I wondered what that show would be like. I prefer his work with Soundgarden over his solo stuff, but an outstanding voice either way. To each their own, eh?
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Jimmy Buffet in The Woodlands, Texas.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Has anyone out there been to any of the Tragically Hip shows on the final tour? I really wish I could have seen them one more time.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Boston

Great music. Great sound. True musicians.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw the B-52's at the Pacific Amphitheater (Orange County, CA Fairgrounds) last night. We had a good time. Some goofy looking group calling themselves the Aquabats opened for them. Rolling Eyes
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Bummed I missed that show, The Aquabats are amazing.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Bummed I missed that show, The Aquabats are amazing.

LOL. The people next to me got up and left after their set and blew off the B-52's. I've only seen that once before, when the Clash opened for the Who at the Coliseum and the mod kids behind us left after the Clash were done and missed a killer show by Roger & company. I couldn't believe it.
Scott H
Samba Luddite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Unknown again Friday night.

If you like that rawk music mess you owe it to yourself to see him at least once in your lifetime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSgFABwtiw

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

There was no way we could make the show in person, but The Tragically Hip played their final show of their recent tour in Kingston, Ontario tonight. It was live broadcast throughout Canada on CBC. We watched it online, thanks to the CBC.

Their lead singer, head weirdo, and primary songwriter Gord Downie, was diagnosed with incurable brain cancer (glioblastoma) last December. He has had surgery and radiation/chemo treatments. They announced his health issues in May of 2016, then they went on tour. This may or may not be the last time. Though Gord is definitely showing signs of ill health.

I grew up in Northern MN and started listening to The Hip in 1987. Our local rock radio station would play "New Orleans is Sinkin'" and "Blow at High Dough" while I was cruisin' the beach and trying to be cool in my 67 bug.

Now, I listen in my shop while wrenching on whatever is my current project. I won't forget the Hip shows I have seen (lost count), whether in the US or that trip to the Saddledome with 20,000 Canadians. These were good times.

I am at once heartbroken and elated. I am crushed, and joyful. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do next, even though this has no real bearing on what I do next.

My wife and I shared tears and laughter, all the while dancing around the living room singing along with all or our favourite songs tonight. Sleep will come soon, but I am not sure about relief and acceptance of the reality that is the end.

Thanks Gord. And thank you to the Tragically Hip. I will never stop enjoying...

oc92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Peter Hook and the Light are coming back to this area (NC) in a few weeks. I saw them last year and have tickets for this upcoming show. Excellent Joy Division sets.

72 bus
70 bug
96 mx5
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw the Petshop Boys at the Microsoft theater in Los Angeles. Show was Awesome! they still sound great!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Just picked up my tickets for Brian Wilson in May 24, 2017.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Tom Jones a few weeks ago. Still amazing voice. Sang for over 2 hours straight. And yes, they're still throwing panties on the stage. Great show.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

We saw 'Jeff Lynne's ELO' at Radio City Music Hall about a month or so ago. Fantastic show.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
Boston

Great music. Great sound. True musicians.

Who is the singer these days?
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

My daughter and I saw Bad Religion at the Hollywood Palladium Friday night. Great show.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 27

Jump to: