Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

WEATHER FINALLY GOT NICE&DRY&COOL SO I WENT FOR A SPIRITED RIDE TODAY IN MY BUG... JUST FOR FUN.....IT SURE SOUNDED SWEET....DOES THAT COUNT?
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:
Boston

Great music. Great sound. True musicians.

Who is the singer these days?

Unfortunately it ain't Brad Delp.
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I saw Alice Cooper at the end of September at a small local arena. They managed to book his as he was traveling through to a much bigger show the next day. It was a small venue, but hands down the best concert I've ever seen. He can still put on a hell of a show!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Spent last night with Ozzie and Black Sabbath. Got maybe three hours of sleep but found out that fairies wear boots and I saw it with my own two eyes. First concert I've been to in awhile where people were openly smoking weed. Reminded me of the 70s as Ozzie stood there and told the crowd "show me your fuckin hands" I thoroughly enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Spent last night with Ozzie and Black Sabbath. Got maybe three hours of sleep but found out that fairies wear boots and I saw it with my own two eyes. First concert I've been to in awhile where people were openly smoking weed. Reminded me of the 70s as Ozzie stood there and told the crowd "show me your fuckin hands" I thoroughly enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

while your location isnt active you just gave it away!!! Laughing may as well post it up now...BOK Wink
Denny88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

by chance went to a jazz concert that turned to be extremely good. unfortunately don't know the names of the bands, but it was real pleasure anyway
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

@denny88....

if you like jazz check out Bela Fleck and the Fleck Tones.... Victor Wooden is a monster Bass Player, great laid back show with legendary players..
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I recently went to my first concert in years: The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band.
They are amazing. Get a taste here:

Link

My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Kyng, Zak Sabbath and Clutch a couple of weeks ago. Kyng was good for the one song I saw, ZS was pretty good but the 15 minute solo during War Pigs was a little over the top.

Clutch played a set of mostly older songs which was awesome.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:
I recently went to my first concert in years: The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band.

Rev Payton is awesome, they have been playing here in the midwest for years.
Just seem them last month at our local music fest in Columbia, MO

Seen Shovels & Rope at the same festival. .they are great as well
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Took my wife to see Dorado Schmitt & the Django All-Stars. what a great show. I couldn't keep my head, feet and hands still.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Do Musicals count? Last night my 18 yo daughter and I attended "Beautiful, The Carole King Musical" at the Morrison Center in Boise. It was amazing. She was behind so much more music history than I ever imagined- and renewed my long time love for her. Her portrayal was top notch, and involved a great singing cast representing 20 years or so of everything from Carole's life.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

63 vwnotch wrote:
@denny88....

if you like jazz check out Bela Fleck and the Fleck Tones.... Victor Wooden is a monster Bass Player, great laid back show with legendary players..

Amen. Victor is on another plane and universe. And Bela brings the banjo into three or four previously unchartered territories for the instrument.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
WEATHER FINALLY GOT NICE&DRY&COOL SO I WENT FOR A SPIRITED RIDE TODAY IN MY BUG... JUST FOR FUN.....IT SURE SOUNDED SWEET....DOES THAT COUNT?

only if your runnin 48 idas Twisted Evil

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Do Musicals count? Last night my 18 yo daughter and I attended "Beautiful, The Carole King Musical" at the Morrison Center in Boise. It was amazing. She was behind so much more music history than I ever imagined- and renewed my long time love for her. Her portrayal was top notch, and involved a great singing cast representing 20 years or so of everything from Carole's life.

Google Brill Building for an education on the song writing machine. It was literally a music factory.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camfella04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:

Link

Rev Payton is a great band and put on a great show. I have seen them a couple of times, the last time is when they opened for Reverend Horton Heat - the 2 Rev's one ticket show!
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

My wife and I saw Brian Wilson last night. Everyone had a fun time singing and dancing to his wonderful and fun music.

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Spring concert at the elementary school
kinkerstinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

going to see cant swim in lancaster in a couple weeks. Can't wait!
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Recent shows:

Pile
Kal Marks
Weakend Friends
Wait
Junius
Cancer Conspiracy

Anyone got anything on those bands? Beuller? Hello/

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 27

Jump to: