Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

the descendents at the filmore last fri night!

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

subhuman wrote:
the descendents at the filmore last fri night!

Still going strong! I saw them on the Everything Sucks tour and I think it was a Down By Law, All, Descendents bill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I've got Danzig tickets and also gonna go see Dirty Heads again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Sort of a cross between a concert and tribute band. A couple of weeks ago I saw The Lords of 52nd Street which includes three members of Billy Joel's original band - Richie Cannata on sax and other horns, Russell Javors on lead guitar, and Liberty DeVitto on drums. Lead vocals and piano by Dave Clark who did a darn good job. Great show overall.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

My wife and I saw the Doobie Brothers last night. Had a blast and loved every minute of it.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Went to see Metallica at the RoseBowl, great show and the sound was great.
Coolest thing though, the first time I seen Metallica was in 1986 at the Long Beach Arena my father took me I was 16 years old. 31 years later (2017) I took my 16 year old son to see Metallica for the first time. Cool Coincidence but crazy how time flies by.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

The Selecter, Rancid and Dropkick Murphys at Avila Beach. It doesn't get any better then that.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I saw Stephen Stills and Judy Collins. Great show.

# 303 and #156

neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Me and my buddy Dave (ace VW & Studebaker mechanic), went to see YES in concert. They played one song from each of their first ten albums, plus some of the usual favourites. Steve Howe is still one of the best guitarists on the planet. Todd Rundgren opened and was very good also.

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

My wife and I drove fifty miles up to Funner, Ca and saw Ron White last night. We just got home from a great show. He was pretty funny and I didn't even have a drink. Even his opening act Alex Reymundo was funny.

# 303 and #156

Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I saw Zeppelin. Twice. In '77. That makes this a dead thread now. Wink

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

My daughter took me to see Bad religion at the "punkindrublic" beer tasting and music show last night in Surf City. Aside from almost being dragged into a mosh pit (I'm waaay too old for that shit) we had a great time. Cool
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

We saw Blues guitar player Joe Bonamassa last night. My Gosh can he play that guitar.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
We saw Blues guitar player Joe Bonamassa last night. My Gosh can he play that guitar.

I like Joe. But I feel he needs to 'go out on a limb' more. That's why I like Jimmy Page so much.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Zeppelin wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

I like Joe. But I feel he needs to 'go out on a limb' more. That's why I like Jimmy Page so much.

Jimmy Page is simply amazing for sure. It was the first time I saw Joe in person. His skills were amazing. While I like blues, I would have loved to see him rip into a Led Zeppelin song or do Van Halen's Eruption.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

He just needs to 'take more risks' in his playing. He can surely do it.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

My kid...school of rock gigs..

every 2-3 month local bar lets them play on stage...

5-6hr of sitting back eating,drinking while they kids play themed sets of covers

they do pretty damn good!!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:

I just happened across this tidbit tonight. Figured it was worth sharing here...

Link

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Never heard of him until now. Thank you guys. This kid is amazing although I don't think he is a kid any more. I love the blues.

# 303 and #156

ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

OMD at the Wiltern, Suckers sound better and have more energy than before.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 27

Jump to: