Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

My wife and I went and saw Puddles Pity Party last week. Surprise! It was a great show and we had a lot of fun.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

flew to scotland last week for the scotland calling! great show and venue at the 02 abc downtown glasgow. some great old school punk bands like: subhumans, gbh, uk subs, ruts dc, control, etc!

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
61vdubbug
Wildlife Wookie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

This past weekend I saw Blind Melon. I didn't know what to expect, but Travis Warren singing was better than I could have ever imagined. It was a great show. The last time I saw Blind Melon was in '94 at the Woodstock anniversary. It's too bad Shannon Hoon died. I think they would have made it out of the nineties and into the jam scene like Blues Traveler did.

This coming weekend I have tickets to see David Byrne. Setlist.com say's he's playing a few Talking Heads songs on this tour. Fingers crossed.
52 Split Beetle

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." - Muhammad Ali
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
My wife and I went and saw Puddles Pity Party last week. Surprise! It was a great show and we had a lot of fun.

Good to know. I was dreading going in October for my best friend's 50th. His choice...
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
Fish wrote:

Good to know. I was dreading going in October for my best friend's 50th. His choice...

The man has a great Tenor voice, when he sings.

# 303 and #156

cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Atlanta Rhythm Section. Silver Dollar City. Nice lady traded our general admission tickets for her 2nd row center.
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

The last one I went to was British Rock Royalty. Sometime in July.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Last night my wife and I went to see the San Diego Symphony Orchestra play an entire evening of the Movie Music of John Williams. First half was music from Superman, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter and the entire second half was devoted to pieces from all the Star Wars films. They even had a cosplay contest before hand. I wonder if it had anything to do with Comic Con starting yesterday?
What an great evening.

# 303 and #156

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
Atlanta Rhythm Section. Silver Dollar City. Nice lady traded our general admission tickets for her 2nd row center.

We had someone do that when we went to see Larry the Cable Guy at the fair. They wanted to sit with friends where our seats were.

# 303 and #156

skoshi surf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Foo Fighters at M.S.G.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Got to see the one and only ZZ Top here in my little town of 8,000 last night. They do put on a good show. Guitar and bass tone were excellent, but the drummer was lacking at times. He missed a lot of fills and such. Not sure if he was having an off night or what, but it didn't spoil the show for me.
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Willie Nelson this past Friday. He put on a great show for an 85 year old. He stood the whole time and completed his set without dying. He played the guitar fairly well but spoke most of his lyrics. I mostly went to see an American icon and that was just what I did.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Mrs. Fish and I went to see the San Diego Symphony Sumer Nights at Embarcadero south Marina Park. It was their Tchaikovsky Spectacular. The concert concluded with Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture. It not only included fireworks, the San Diego State Marching band, but about a dozen canons. What a way to end the summer season, with a bang. Mrs. Fish scored us a pair of seats in row B so we didn't miss a thing. The entire concert was filmed for broadcast on our local KPBS, channel 11, September 1st, 2018 @ 8:00pm.

# 303 and #156

Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Ringo Starr launched a U. S. Tour here tonight featuring music from former members of Santana, Toto, Men at Work and 10cc. A good time was had by all.
Played a solid two hours and we had excellent seats 11 rows from stage up close and personal. 😀
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Just saw Smashing Pumpkins in Vegas. An amazing show. They even covered Stairway to Heaven and Space Oddity.
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

xzener wrote:
Just saw Smashing Pumpkins in Vegas. An amazing show. They even covered Stairway to Heaven and Space Oddity.

I saw them open for the Chili Peppers in 91. The openers were Smashing Pumpkins AND Pearl Jam. That was a hell of a show, both openers blew RHCP out of the water.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Went to another dinosaur concert last night, Robert Plant. We had seen him in 2010 and were not impressed and didn’t give a whit about duets with the country girl Allison. Imagine our surprise when he busts out and does a bunch of early Led Zeppelin and it sounds good like they’ve rehearsed. Crowd went wild so did we. Very Happy
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

... back in '87 we were traveling up I-95 from warm Florida to cold NY, in our 1971 Westy and got real tired, after driving all day and pulled into a lonely Baltimore rest area - parked, shut the curtains, opened the bed and fell asleep.

Woke up on Sunday morning, peeked out the curtain and saw truly hundreds of VW busses, covering the rest area landscape... apparently, there was a local Grateful Dead concert the night before and unbeknownst to us, we started an overnight trend - was a "concert of VW campers" - best one I was ever at.
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Alice Cooper - Charlotte, NC

Good concert - Alice looked good, sounded good, moved well. The supporting band was good too, including Nita Strauss. She's the current #1 female guitar player according to several sources. And easy to look at.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

The Boxer Rebellion in San Francisco last weekend. Small venue, very cool.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 27

Jump to: