Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Please give the political shit a rest ok?

The life coach is back!

For the record, I was actually trying to take politics out of this topic. Maybe a poor attempt, but an attempt nonetheless.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I must say thank you 😊
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I didn't go to the concert but I was reading the news when an article on David Lee Roth announcing his most recent Las Vegas residency came up. They had some videos with some of the songs he was performing.

Oh gosh...Dave sounded terrible.

He was never really a good vocalist - more of a showman - but this was terrible.

No way I would go see him live.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
I didn't go to the concert but I was reading the news when an article on David Lee Roth announcing his most recent Las Vegas residency came up. They had some videos with some of the songs he was performing.

He was never really a good vocalist - more of a showman - but this was terrible.

I remember seeing his solo show in the late 80's at an outdoor venue, the fairgrounds in West Fargo, ND. Stage was set up along the dirt track next to the grandstands. I enjoyed it then, but I was a teenager with little frame of reference.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

I remember seeing his solo show in the late 80's at an outdoor venue, the fairgrounds in West Fargo, ND. Stage was set up along the dirt track next to the grandstands. I enjoyed it then, but I was a teenager with little frame of reference.

Been thinking about this show. I am now recalling that it wasn't very good, and my friends and I were just sort of sitting there staring at imminent failure. Not long after this the torch was passed to the grunge movement.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

Been thinking about this show. I am now recalling that it wasn't very good, and my friends and I were just sort of sitting there staring at imminent failure. Not long after this the torch was passed to the grunge movement.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the big Motley Crue reunion tour this year for that very same reason. My cousin saw Vince at the fair last year and recorded it on his phone and it was horrible. as in is cringe worthy bad.

Even that DVD they put out a few years back of their last show in Vegas was total crap. I wouldn't mind seeing them for pure nostalgia but ill pass and the rest of the line up is potty anyways.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

I'm looking forward to hearing about the big Motley Crue reunion tour this year for that very same reason. My cousin saw Vince at the fair last year and recorded it on his phone and it was horrible. as in is cringe worthy bad.

Even that DVD they put out a few years back of their last show in Vegas was total crap. I wouldn't mind seeing them for pure nostalgia but ill pass and the rest of the line up is potty anyways.

I saw them in April 1990 at the Metra in Billings, MT. Fun show, found a $20 bill on the floor, bought a shirt on the way out. Don't need to see them again, but like you, I am curious how it will turn out. We watched that documentary on them awhile back.
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

When he first went solo he had a pretty damn solid band.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

When he first went solo he had a pretty damn solid band.

Yep. Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan, and Greg somethingorother. Musicianship was not an issue.

EDIT: Greg Bissonette
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I saw Hot Tuna electric on NYE at the Parker Playhouse in Ft. Lauderdale. Jorma and Jack still got it for a couple of really old guys.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

https://metalinjection.net/video/watch-david-lee-r...be-in-2020
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
https://metalinjection.net/video/watch-david-lee-r...be-in-2020

ouch.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Now don't hate, all you non-Kiss fans. A good friend of mine wanted to go see Kiss and David Lee Roth last night in Columbia, SC so I went. Kiss, of course, put on a great show - one you won't see anywhere else - but that's coming from someone that grew up with Kiss and loved it.

David Lee Roth - played for 30 minutes and grinned - alot. But I must say, he was better than I expected. Where he used to hold notes, it has become more choppy but at least he isn't trying to hit notes he used to. It was somewhat sad in that he performed in front of a black curtain, minimal lighting and his name was no where to be found. To think he was on top of the world with Van Halen and now probably has some difficulty drawing a crowd.

I'm glad I went.
scalevws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

D.R.I.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
Now don't hate, all you non-Kiss fans. A good friend of mine wanted to go see Kiss and David Lee Roth last night in Columbia, SC so I went. Kiss, of course, put on a great show - one you won't see anywhere else - but that's coming from someone that grew up with Kiss and loved it.

David Lee Roth - played for 30 minutes and grinned - alot. But I must say, he was better than I expected. Where he used to hold notes, it has become more choppy but at least he isn't trying to hit notes he used to. It was somewhat sad in that he performed in front of a black curtain, minimal lighting and his name was no where to be found. To think he was on top of the world with Van Halen and now probably has some difficulty drawing a crowd.

I'm glad I went.
my wife want to go see them in a few weeks or so...I saw VH in ..78 ,79 I think....opening for balck sabath.... they effing blew everybody away. balack sabbath...not somuch...I thinkit was the storm watch sabbath tour. and first tour for VH.dam it was awesome!!!!
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Mrs. Fish and I (along with another couple) went and saw IL Volo last Tuesday. These boys are great. First saw them when they were teenagers eight years ago and again four years ago. These boys keep getting better and better. Might not be everybody's taste, but we sure love them.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Saw Rumors ATL - A Fleetwood Mac tribute band. They were awesome!
insanitize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Went to see Hella Mega Tour last Wednesday minus Fallout Boy.
Still a great night out. Green Day had so much energy.
Took me a day to recover, I'm getting old
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

jbbugs wrote:
Samantha Fish.
This Woman Rocks!

In Albany Nov 9 2021

Managed to score tickets before they got scalp pillaged.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
David Lee Roth - played for 30 minutes and grinned - alot. But I must say, he was better than I expected. Where he used to hold notes, it has become more choppy but at least he isn't trying to hit notes he used to. It was somewhat sad in that he performed in front of a black curtain, minimal lighting and his name was no where to be found. To think he was on top of the world with Van Halen and now probably has some difficulty drawing a crowd.I'm glad I went.

And now he's retiring. He announced that he was going to finish the 5 scheduled shows then hang it up.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 27

Jump to: