Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What concerts have you been to lately?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Going to go see my Grandson school Christmas Concert tonight Wink Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

We Bought 2 day tickets for Christmas for our boys and us.
In 1986 my Dad took me to see Metallica for the first time when I was 17 years old,31 years later I took my oldest son when he was 17 to see Metallica for the first time
6 years later I took my youngest son at 17 to see Metallica for the first time.
But Pantera Killed it !!!
RIP Dime & Vinny !!!
Metallica played different sets on Friday & Sunday.

Mammoth WVH (Wolfgang Van Halen)
Pantera
Metallica
8-25-2023

Ice Nine Kills
Five Finger Death Punch
Metallica
8-27-2023

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
We Bought 2 day tickets for Christmas for our boys and us.
In 1986 my Dad took me to see Metallica for the first time when I was 17 years old,31 years later I took my oldest son when he was 17 to see Metallica for the first time
6 years later I took my youngest son at 17 to see Metallica for the first time.
But Pantera Killed it !!!
RIP Dime & Vinny !!!
Metallica played different sets on Friday & Sunday.

Mammoth WVH (Wolfgang Van Halen)
Pantera
Metallica
8-25-2023

Ice Nine Kills
Five Finger Death Punch
Metallica
8-27-2023

Well done dad. Well done indeed.
doug bugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

"Lately" or the last one? That would be Carlos Santana with the Doobie Bros. opening for him a couple years ago. Very good concert.
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:

In 1986 my Dad took me to see Metallica for the first time when I was 17 years old,31 years later I took my oldest son when he was 17 to see Metallica for the first time.

Early 1980s I used to go to GBGB's Hardcore Matinee every chance I got. It was a Sunday afternoon show. The Puerto Rican lady who mixed CBGB's regular shows let the needles touch the red. The furball who mixed Sunday afternoon made sure they slammed the red. Twisted Evil

I saw bands such as Deaththrash, Ludichrist, The Crumbsuckers as well as Carnivore who later became Type O Negative.

I walked past Tower Records one Sunday afternoon. Master of Puppets had just been released. That's the first time Metallica popped up on my radar. They had the same chunka-chunka-chunka thing goin' on I was hearin' at CBGB.

If you ever get out to Austin stop at the Continental Club. It's an exact mirror image of CBGB without the burned out beer signs. And they have doors on their crappers.

Got a big show in Los Angeles in a few weeks. I'm a little bummed. It's a conflict with Enter the Haggis at the Ned Smith in Millersburg, PA. Kick- ass band, kick ass venue. It should be a great show with none of the "big venue" BS.

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

I’ve seen some of the bands mentioned above in the past.
Pantera at Roseland, nyc.
Type O Negative at the Fastlane in asbury park.
Metallica at the nj arts center. w/DANZIG
I’m so over due for a concert.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
I’ve seen some of the bands mentioned above in the past.
Pantera at Roseland, nyc.
Type O Negative at the Fastlane in asbury park.
Metallica at the nj arts center. w/DANZIG
I’m so over due for a concert.

Deaththrash are spread out between Vernon, NJ and upstate New York. They still play, they still record and they still kick ass. They're comin' up on 40 years of hardcore thrash! Imagine that!

A buddy is rehearsing with three doom bands including Vacant Eyes. I couldn't remember Vacant Eyes so I called them Cookie Monster's Funeral for a while. Twisted Evil

subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

TOOL, last nite in Charlotte nc, awsome as usual Twisted Evil !!!

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

We saw Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden on November 22nd.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

subhuman wrote:
TOOL, last nite in Charlotte nc, awsome as usual Twisted Evil !!!

Applause Cool
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

We saw Foreigner this fall, this weekend we saw Hells Belles, an all girl AC/DC tribute band outa Seattle. We have Sammy Hagar tickets in August
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Foreigner 4 Tour was my first real arena concert in 1982.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/q-mz-eYjErw?si=-HPa5N2l1WZX49AY
Ben Prestage.
A local guy that’s probably one of the best one-man band around. Most of hi equipment is homemade… some of it’s held together with hose clamps.
I feel privileged to have been able to see him a dozen or more times. He puts on a hell of a show.
And, he’s a Really Cool guy to talk to.
Look him up online.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

just saw The Iron Maidens , very impressive small venue experience. Is Maynard still hiding backstage while he sings ? I find that unacceptable, at least put a hologram of yourself out there. People buy tickets to live shows to see and hear the band. I would have loved to have seen Metallica before Cliff's demise ( the band really was not my cup of tea after that, don't get me started..).
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
Foreigner 4 Tour was my first real arena concert in 1982.

There are so many good bands playin' small venues down your way. Best bands we've seen semi- lately was Jared James Nichols opening for John 5. Jared who? John who?

If Leslie West and Warren Haynes had a baby it would be J.J. Nichols. Looks like 1970s Ted Nugent with a better attitude. Plays Mississippi Queen like The Ghost of Leslie West.

John 5 has been holding down guitar duties for Rob Zombie and Marylyn Manson. He's a scary monster all by himself. See him performing as John 5 and skip the Big Show bullshit.

Honorable mention:

Eric Johanson, easily confused with Eric Johnson. Most recently toured with Samantha Fish although they got the lineup wrong. You don't follow a guy who plays like The Ghost of Stevie Ray. He's playin' a few more dates in New Orleans and then he's off to Europe for a while.

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Gypsy Dreams, probably the best Fleetwood Mac tribute band, a week ago.
As authentic as it gets, worth it even to this long time (pre-S&L) fan. Great playing, voices, and even appearances. They dropped in and out of character as fans as well. Worth it if you can catch them.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

There’s a band coming to our local theater called Magical Mystery Doors. It’s supposed to be a Beatles, LED Zep and Doors tribute. I gotta see this. It’s in November. I hope I remember.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

ABBA Mania - tribute band. I would give it a 7/10.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
There’s a band coming to our local theater called Magical Mystery Doors. It’s supposed to be a Beatles, LED Zep and Doors tribute. I gotta see this. It’s in November. I hope I remember.

IMO the Zeppelin tribute group to see is Jason Bonham's band. Jason is John Bonham's son so they have a bit of authenticity. About the only fly in the ointment is kettle drums have a pedal on them that changes their tuning. Jason... you want to make sure that drum will hit the right note during soundcheck. Then don't touch that pedal.

They're not touring right now.

Anne and Nancy Wilson always did killer Zeppelin covers. There was a while when Anne took a break. Gretchen Wilson took over vocal duties for a few shows. Gretchen's voice isn't what it once was, unfortunately.

Beatles tribute? You might as well see The Beatle. Catch Paul McCartney if you can.

It would be a hoot if what's left of Zeppelin got together with what's left of The Beatles. Zeppelin is short a drummer and a bass player.

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: What concerts have you been to lately? Reply with quote

Dusty1 wrote:

Beatles tribute? You might as well see The Beatle. Catch Paul McCartney if you can.

Yeah, but there is a 10X or more ticket price diff...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 27

Jump to: