Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bugatti kit car
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Bugatti kit car Reply with quote

I'm trying to find a build manual for the Bugatti kit car.

Anybody have one or atleast some pics from one avail?

apparently there were templates included to cut bulk heads and dash as well.
vw (o\!/o) nut
Samba Member

Location: Wisconsin - Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bugatti kit car, and am more than willing to share build info, but I'd like to see more...
Dan_Lorenze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one at work a while ago..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Snuffy33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: 27 Bugatti Kit Car Reply with quote

I have a 1927 Bugatti Kit Car, made by OLD WORLD CLASSICS, I purchased it about three years ago, it had not been on the road in about seven years. Donor car was a 68 Bug, motor in it is a 71. I have orginal sales material and a price list, but do not have a builders manual. but if you need help pictures or measurements get back to me.

Byron
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JustBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen these occasionally pop up on Ebay. Keep your eyes open, you may get a surprise!
TieBack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started one about a month ago. Only 4k miles on the odometer, and has been sitting in an enclosed tailor between a few different owners, but none got the bugatti kit finished. Brake hardware was rusted and anything rubber had to be replaced, but she runs great.
My question is what did you guys do about the emergency brake? Did you move it back, or just go without? From some of the pictures it looks like some guys have put it on the outside like the original bugatti shifter. Did anybody try that and how did you make it work?
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have one but what I'd do is have the two cables both attach to a single balance bar in the tunnel, then I'd take a single cable from the center of the balance bar and run it through a bowden tube out the side of the tunnel and have it operated by a suitable brake handle (maybe lengthened Rabbit).

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=851278

You could use dune buggy parking brake cable ends. You would have to open the tunnel and weld in a anchor for the bowden tube. Remove the stock brake handle and leave a hole just large enough on top of the tunnel to reach in and adjust the brake cable ends as needed. Make sure the perimeter of any remaining hole is heavily reinforced.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: