Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headlight upgrade relays
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PDX_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Headlight upgrade relays Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I broke down and bought the SA grill with the headlight relays. We are going on another family road trip and I was really concerned about not being able to see on mountian roads at night. I bought the upgrade light kit and relays from GW and my question is: The two relays are identical correct? They dont have a different ones for low and high beams? They look identical and the number on the side is the same. I just want to make sure I get it right Rolling Eyes
Altoona
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup they are the same.
thatvwbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The relays are exactly the same. One relay will power the low beams and one will power the high beams.

Once you install the new headlights, be sure to aim them properly. There is a guide to proper aiming available here: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zippyslug31
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW and since you are in pdx, if you have a hard time finding the round light buckets for your '86 and your SA grill, I found mine for dirt cheap out at German Salvage... the one way out on the edge of Boring. I think he charged me 30 or 40 bucks for the pair; most other sources were either out or a lot more $$$.
'90 syncro westy 2.5L subi, triple knob, 16" wheels.
'84 sunroof van, 2.1L motor.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: