Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alignment- great experience Boulder/Denver
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tschroeder0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Alignment- great experience Boulder/Denver Reply with quote

Well, we all know how stressful getting an alignment can be, but today I had a great experience.

The shop- EURASIA AUTO REPAIR (north Boulder)

they got me in very fast, I had some feathering on the outside fronts after my last 1000 mile trip.
The owner looked at all the tires, asked me questions about how I load the van, how fast I drive, the handling characteristics of the current setup.
Once the van was on the rack, he called me in, showed me some things, asked more questions, bounced the van up and down to load a bit, rechecked etc...

When finished he drove the van, made some suggestions about tire pressure/springs.

The van drives perfectly (and it was pretty good to start with) with a more solid feel than prior.
He also told me that they can make braided brake lines and hydralic power steering lines for swaps.
My last experience at a local reputable place here in Boulder was a small nightmare, so this was just so great!
FNGRUVN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had my syncro done here in Fort Collins at Big O Tires. Great experience here, too. Technician's name was John "Jed". Good guy. He said my rear tires were way out of spec. $84 for a four wheel alignment. Here's the spec sheet they gave me.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

tschroeder0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just returned from a quick trip to crested butte= 500 miles.
No feathering at all starting on the fronts, so all looks right on.
Glad to know Big O is doing good work there in FC!
kpbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Alignment- great experience Boulder/Denver Reply with quote

Reviving this post just to steer (no pun intended) any NoCo folks away from Big O on Mason St in Fort Collins... they recently gave me the run-around when I tried to take our Syncro Westy there for an alignment. Long story short, they straight up lied to me, claiming that rear alignment required a 'special kit' that was 'only available to dealers'. Frustrating waste of time.

In the end I took it to a small independent shop called Straightline Alignment (on Garfield St.). The guy there is super surly, but after I showed him a few things, he was able to get the alignment within spec in ~45 mins.

p.s. FNGRUVN -- The service manager at Big O, who claimed to have been there for 15 yrs, said he'd never had a alignment guy named John "Jed"...
tschroeder0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Alignment- great experience Boulder/Denver Reply with quote

I can also now say that Louisville tire is a good place to go also, only a short jaunt off I25 heading north and hwy36.
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Alignment- great experience Boulder/Denver Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=584507&start=241

They treated me well, and honestly.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: