Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Slider door Magnetic screen by Kamz review
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
whynotvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Slider door Magnetic screen by Kamz review Reply with quote

I bought this bug screen made by Kamz couple of years ago and I've been meaning to give a review so here we go. I'm not sure if she is making them anymore but I have to tell your it works awesome. It hooks on the top and has magnets all over so it takes 2 seconds to remove them and install them. I saw the other ones that have the snaps. I didn't like the idea of screwing all the snaps and to install them would take more time. It leaves little gaps here and there but it keeps all the bus out. My wife loves it.

The material is very nice the screen is very sturdy and the fabric is very strong. It'a very compact when folded.

It's a must have for summer camping when there are a lot of bugs. Highly recommend them. Thanks Kamz. (moderator) I think I bought the prototype.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zippyslug31
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Slider door Magnetic screen by Kamz review Reply with quote

whynotvw wrote:
it keeps all the bus out.

Probably a good thing since the T2 crowd are bloodsuckers! Laughing

Wish I went this route. I have a "snap on" kind and it's a bit fiddly to install, plus the snaps pop off in a few places unless you are really careful entering the van.
Thanks for the info.
'90 syncro westy 2.5L subi, triple knob, 16" wheels.
'84 sunroof van, 2.1L motor.
BillWYellowstone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the magic thing as seen on TV and it also works great, however, it would not be wide enough for the van, and not long enough to put together, you would need 2. I will probably buy enough screen fabric and just make our own. The question remains, does KAMZ still make them?

I was petty suspicious of the TV version, but it actually works pretty good, one issue is I have a steel door, so occasionally, while walking in, it will stick to the door.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillWYellowstone wrote:
I just bought the magic thing as seen on TV and it also works great, however, it would not be wide enough for the van, and not long enough to put together, you would need 2. I will probably buy enough screen fabric and just make our own. The question remains, does KAMZ still make them?

I was petty suspicious of the TV version, but it actually works pretty good, one issue is I have a steel door, so occasionally, while walking in, it will stick to the door.

Magic Mesh. We just bought two for the sliding door openings to our deck in the new house. They seem to work as advertised and are very reasonably priced, and could probably be easily adapted to a van by adding some material on either side. However my wife made her own magnetic closure screen for the slider some years ago and it also works fine. We installed snaps to attach to the van and it is cut so it wraps the obstacles and seems to be bugtight.
whynotvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Slider door Magnetic screen by Kamz review Reply with quote

zippyslug31 wrote:
whynotvw wrote:
it keeps all the bus out.

Probably a good thing since the T2 crowd are bloodsuckers! Laughing

LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: