Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tire pressure Yokohama Y356 D
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BluBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Tire pressure Yokohama Y356 D Reply with quote

Should I follow the car reccomendations or the tire specks.
ratwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends. What does the sidewall read (all of it).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BluBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

195/75R14 D
1710lbs.
65psi max
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would do the 30 front, 40 rear if it were me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Tire pressure Yokohama Y356 D Reply with quote

BluBus wrote:
Should I follow the car reccomendations or the tire specks.

Tire specs are maximums, car recommendations are often compromised towards "comfort" or to mitigate disastrous handling flaws, ( see: Corvair, Ford Explorer, et al.) what you follow is all of us real world VW Bus drivers who have a wealth of experience and are only too happy to share it with you. . . our valued guest.
Sooooo, I recommend 31-33 front, 37-40 rear depending on your specific loads, ambient temperatures, expected speeds, road surfaces, weather conditions, vehicular vagaries, and under no circumstance are our recommendations to be accepted as primae facie directives or facts inasmuch as hitherto stated aforementioned habeas corpuscles irrespectively ascertained whither thither and somesuch. Your Honor, my client needs a nap.
Colin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BluBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very fine answers I have lowerd the pressurs to 32 front and 38 rear and the ride improved greatly. The tire shop had 42 all around and of course over torqued my lugs.
ratwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book says 30f/40r psi is the tire has a max inflation presure of 55psi. That seems a good place to start. I've found 37-40 on the rear to be indistinguishable. On the front if it's too low steering in sluggish and too high it becomes light and skittish very quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: