Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vandalism in Utah
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Vandalism in Utah Reply with quote

My friend Larry who owns a '90 Syncro Westy just told me the news that an old friend of ours was visiting Sandy City from Aspen, Colo., in his Eurovan when someone emptied a fire extinguisher into his gas tank at night. Apparently there was another similar incident that happened in Salt Lake City. It ended up costing a lot of money to have the gas tank and associated parts replaced.

Maybe it's the latest fad, who knows, but it pays to make sure you have a locking gas cap in case this fad hits your area.
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess sugar isn't cheap enough......it is free if you look a bit...

Maybe they are pouring in a stolen 49 cent box of baking soda from Walmart?

Hard to imagine it being a random act though.

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
joseph928
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: gas tank Reply with quote

Blue Bay Bus Yep I like my locking caps, now even more. Have them on both of my vans! But there is a lot of cheaper ways to contaminate the tank then a fire extinguisher! I guess some people need to be taken out of our gene pool ! Very Happy
1987 syncro westy tin top sun roof , GW2.3, rear locker, decoupler, Gary Lee tire rack & winch mount, lift, south african grill, big brakes , rhein alloy ,15 BFG AT, Fiamma 10 foot awning ,140 watt rear 85 watt front solar , mppt, truckfridge, automatic fire extinguishing system, tencent oil cooler, And a RMW SS exhaust! - 1971 bug convertible 1776 engine- 2010 Subaru turbo - 1993 Toyota 4x4 truck - 1999 Harley 95 CI, big bore, Andrews cams . Also 80-84- vans. Stock 65 sunroof bug.
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is the fire extinguishers were probably stolen. Kind of like stealing spraypaint to do graffiti.
tam_shops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with people? Rolling Eyes

How'd they figure it out?

Here's to hoping the idea doesn't catch on and make out side the city. Twisted Evil

tam

Making it special:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545885
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know you could get a Eurovan gascap in a non-locking style. ?

and yeah I have a locking cap now, same key as Mom's van which is handy when she loses her keys.. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: