Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncro 14" Ambulance ón Greenland
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Guilty...It should hit the West Coast in November Reply with quote

Hopefully have it available at SyncroFest next year~ Thanks for the offer and will do!

~K

carterzest wrote:
Quote:
Re: Guilty...It should hit the West Coast in November
SuperVan wrote:
I will let you all know when it gets here how nice or not nice it is.

For the time being, it will stay stock. Lights and all.

Well, maybe;) It sure would look good with a lift and some 16 steelies...

K

CONGRATS K. Wow, what a beauty. I cannot wait to see more pictures and I hope, someday, to be able to see it in person Cool

A recent winfall now makes such whims all the more possible for me and I cannot wait to start bidding on some of these rare Syncro's that now can be imported to the US. Let us know if you are passing through PDX on your way home, we would love to host an event for you and your new baby.
Thanks for the update. I have been hoping someone on here bought it Wink

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Buss Marius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If interested there is ĺ Syncro firetruck TurboDiesel for sale in Norway estimated price 55.000nkr/ 9500US$ but it has 21.000km on it.

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/viewimage?finnkod...887835.jpg
oorwullie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be interested to read about how the feck the purchaser arranged getting it removed from where it was .

and i'd maybe like to meet yer mother, sounds like a cool ol' gal. Laughing
stefanandr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Kyle (SuperVan) in Baja last week who bought this vehicle and he said the car was waiting for him at home after vacation.
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oorwullie wrote:
i'd be interested to read about how the feck the purchaser arranged getting it removed from where it was .

and i'd maybe like to meet yer mother, sounds like a cool ol' gal. Laughing

My Mom? DANGER Very Happy

She has her moments indeed. There is some cool T3 stuff coming our way with a quickness over the next couple years(25 year rules), and, frankly, I cannot wait. I am almost ready to cash in the 401K and play around for a few years Shocked My wife, not so much, but, she too gets it!
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for FeckSake..... Rolling Eyes Really Evil or Very Mad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1681380
Syncro Vanagon Ambulance, NOT Westfalia, 5K miles! Price: 44700
$44,700 or best offer!

Attention Syncronauts...He we go again!!! 5K original miles!!!

Last time we brought you the Dingman 14K Mile Hard Top Syncro and before that, the ultra-rare 48 Mile Tristar DOKA. There's no K missing, that really is 48 miles.

This time we have an extraordinarily rare, unique, and nearly mint condition 1989 Syncro (4x4) High-top Ambulance that served the Danish Military at a base in Grönnedal Greenland since its birth. Being an emergency and military vehicle, it was meticulously maintained and runs perfectly. It is now on US soil and ready to enjoy.

2 Knobs, ready for a 3rd! It has a full locking differentials (both front and rear posi-traction ). Grönnedal only has about 5 miles of roads on the base, so the best thing about this Syncro is the mileage. . .only 8095 kilometers (that's only 5029 miles). One of the lowest mile Syncros on Earth.

ZERO rust, waterproof front seats, NEW Hankook 195 R14 RA08 tires, dual floor mounted fire extinguishers, working emergency lights, CB, front and rear exterior spotlights, siren, and a gurney. . ..it's basically a fully functioning ambulance. Perfect for playing German Ghostbusters on Halloween, or as a showpiece addition to a military or other vehicle collection. Small dents and other dings will be repaired before delivery. If you buy it, you will need to add smog equipment to make it compliant for your state.

This is another I would love to keep and convert to a Westfalia Syncro Camper but alas it is for someone else to do or to keep it the way it is as a classic part of VW Syncro history.
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inside scoop on the van is it is possessed. The no miles is every time they used it, another death. It would then sit unused till somebody would say if it doesn't get used it must go, bam another DOA. I heard they replaced it with an AllWheelDrive Sprinter. The first two missions in the Sprinter, they got to the accident scene and then hospital quick enough to make the save. Final verdict wasserboxers don't save lives!
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BavarianWrench wrote:
The inside scoop on the van is it is possessed. The no miles is every time they used it, another death. It would then sit unused till somebody would say if it doesn't get used it must go, bam another DOA. I heard they replaced it with an AllWheelDrive Sprinter. The first two missions in the Sprinter, they got to the accident scene and then hospital quick enough to make the save. Final verdict wasserboxers don't save lives!

$44,700
-$2,800
-$3,000 shipping-estimated on the high side due to being on Greenland
------------------------
=$38,900 Nice little profit for a wash and wax

Haunted or not haunted, thats one hell of a profit Shocked
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little story, pure fiction. The profit story that's a killing!

Last edited by BavarianWrench on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BavarianWrench wrote:
My little story is fiction. The profit story now that's is a killing!
I know, right?
Your story, though, is indeed plausible...
SuperVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Gosh~ Reply with quote

What did I miss?
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: