Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

No more NEW Registrations in Texas?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Tom_Kathleen wrote:
To avoid a political issue here about what I said about the NRA - what I was trying to say was that if you want to change a law or rule that the NRA doesn't want to change, is that they can be a tough group to fight. Any group that is well funded and connected would be tough to fight.

Yes, the Hot VW article was very good.

On another note - is it legal for TADA to have so much influence over the Texas DMV? Tom

Really tough to fight when they defend an inalienable Right.

This battle over kit cars is a prelude to the battle to keep any classic car on the road. There are many proposals to tax, restrict use of classic cars, or ban or tax the gasoline required to use them.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Have we got some incredible news for everyone! Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 at the Texas State Capitol Building. Our bill will be heard in a Public Hearing. We have lined up a few people that we feel will give a compelling, well thought out, & unified testimony that will work towards our benefit. We have every subcategory (Dune Buggy, Sandrail & Kitcar) represented as the goal from the start was to pave a way that we could all get back on the roads of Texas legally.
We would ask more people to give their testimony, but there is a very fine line between a productive group & pain in the neck who is taking up to much precious time.
You may not have been asked to give your testimony but it is very important that we have a LARGE Group Join us at the Capitol. It is IMPORTANT that the House Reps on the Transportation Committee see a large number of VOTERS or Constituents in the audience, as it shows them that this is important to a LARGE GROUP OF PEOPLE.
Transportation Committee - Public Hearing
Wednesday, March 20th - Meeting starts at approximately 2:00PM
Texas State Capitol Building - Room E2-030
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SavetheTexasDuneBuggy/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
empi3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

It's not just Texas, it's Wyoming too !!! I wish I would have read this before I purchased my buggy.
I just tried to transfer the title into my name and was told it can ONLY be titled as an Off Road Vehicle because it does not meet the "Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations" for a passenger vehicle.

Now I'm stuck with a vehicle that can't be driven on the street (in Wyoming anyway).

Anybody wanna buy a dune buggy?

Steven

1970 Beetle
1956 Ragtop Beetle
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

I have a letter from NHTSA that can help, get in touch!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

For those of you who do not keep up with the Facebook page or Website, I am going to give you a quick update!
The bill that we have been pushing to correct our issue with the TxDMV and Administrative Rule 217.3 will be debated and voted on Wednesday & Thursday. Once we get the favorable votes to pass the House we will start the process with the Senate. However, I can not feel anything but optimistic as we move forward day after day!
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

86(R) HB-1755 was voted out of the House & now we start the process of getting through the Senate!
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

I understand that I am being a bit of a NAG, but it is VERY important that Chairman Nichols hears from a LARGE Number of us. That way he will understand that SB 1462 passing is VERY Important & want to put it on the Schedule for a hearing!
He probably will not be around to pick up the phone today, but we can fill his voicemail & his email.
Here is what you need to say.

Chairman Nichols,
Please consider setting HB 1755 for a hearing. The companion to SB 1462, HB1755 by Ed Thompson adopts and codifies rules to provide for titling, registration, and inspection of certain assembled vehicles. Current DMV rules are unclear and contradictory, causing many Texans to keep vehicles off the road that had been legal for years.

Chairman Nichols
https://senate.texas.gov/member.php?d=3&lang=en
(512) 463-0103 (TEL)
(800) 959-8633 (TOLL-FREE)
Click on link to get to his email
His Twitter Handle
https://twitter.com/SenatorNichols
Did you reach out to Chairman Nichols?
KingCarGuyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Any updates on whether or not it made the agenda or what’s going on? Just curious.
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

We did not make it onto the docket for next weeks meeting as of the time I am writing this, but we are still trying!
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Noonish May 14th, 2019.
I understand that I have been saying that we are waiting a lot lately, however I assure you that there is a lot of work going on behind that we are not seeing!
Right now I am asking that each and everyone of you just in the Drivers seat and reach out to Lt Governor Dan Patrick. (Link provided)
https://www.ltgov.state.tx.us/
or call his office
Click the link above and then scroll to the bottom of that page and fill out the " Contact the Lieutenant Governor"
What we are asking is that you do is ask Lt., Governor Patrick, reach out to Chairman Nichols and have him schedule our bill HB1755 to be heard in a Transportation Committee Hearing. Also ask that he reach out to the other members of the Transportation Committee to ask for their vote in favor of HB1755.
We need hundreds of you to reach out to Lt. Governor Dan Patrick! Please give this post a like if you have sent an email to the Lt. Governor.
HELP US, HELP YOU!
https://www.ltgov.state.tx.us/
or call his office
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

GO Texas! Don't let liberal California be a place where driving what you want is easier. Laughing

I want you to succeed for all of us. Custom cars are rarely the cause of traffic accidents so why the nanny state scrutiny? Evil or Very Mad
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

GREAT NEWS!!!

86(R)1755 & companion bill 86(R)1462 have been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate Transportation Committee Friday May 17th, 2019. The meeting starts at 8:00AM.

TIME & DATE: 8:00 AM, Friday, May 17, 2019

PLACE: E1.016 (Hearing Room)
CHAIR: Senator Robert Nichols

PLEASE STOP MAKING CALLS TO ANYONE IN THE CAPITOL BUILDING!

This is it! Friday will be the very last time that we will be able to do ANYTHING to move our bill down the line in person. I have asked a few people to speak at the hearing, but do not want a huge list of people to do so. If we get repetitive or go on to long we will do far more harm than good!

However, when we attended the House Transportation Meeting it spoke VOLUMES when large group politely stood up and walked out after we were done. So if you are able to attend, PLEASE Make the time to do so, as I said our large group being in attendance had a VERY large impact with the House Transportation Committee!

PLEASE MAKE THE TIME TO JOIN US AT THE CAPITOL BUILDING FRIDAY MAY 17th, 2019 MEETING STARTS AT 8:00 AM.

TIME & DATE: 8:00 AM, Friday, May 17, 2019
PLACE: E1.016 (Hearing Room)
CHAIR: Senator Robert Nichols
KingCarGuyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Missed the conference, I don’t know why but I couldn’t convince them to let me out of school for it 😬 how did it go?
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Great news, The Senate Transportation Committee hearing went VERY well & they voted to move us forward in the process. I will write a post to explain everything in detail Monday morning, as for now I am going to take the weekend off.
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Just in case you didn't hear yet, the bill became a Law on Friday.

We now have to go into a Rule Making Process, the new rules will have to go into effect by September 1, 2019. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/06/18/new-law-g...refer=news

Seems so weird that someone at Texas DMV does not like "dune buggies" enough to start crap for such a small dedicated portion of the population and DMV can do this with out a law, but it takes a law to overturn it.

Great job Save The Texas Dune Buggies!

Interesting how the article seems to turn it to "stifling innovation" which I believe is true-the things we all have created, made, tested on our dune buggies are amazing feats and have resulted in very few accidents, death or other problems the rule seems to want to prevent.
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

YDBD wrote:
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/06/18/new-law-g...refer=news

Seems so weird that someone at Texas DMV does not like "dune buggies" enough to start crap for such a small dedicated portion of the population and DMV can do this with out a law, but it takes a law to overturn it.

Great job Save The Texas Dune Buggies!

Interesting how the article seems to turn it to "stifling innovation" which I believe is true-the things we all have created, made, tested on our dune buggies are amazing feats and have resulted in very few accidents, death or other problems the rule seems to want to prevent.

You touch on a lot of the very same things that have been discussed many times. It never stops amazing me that so many people have such close opinions on each subject!
Yaleiza07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Any news regarding the new process thru DMV and the new law before September the 1th??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yaleiza07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

I just read some comments over the save the Texas dune buggy, sand rail & kit car fb page and is not very encouraging. There's a delay in how the TXDMX will going to finalize the rule making that will apply to the bill. That alone knowing how TXDMV treaded the group in the past means an obstacle for sure. That will delay the right to use our buggies as late as probably summer of next year based on that information. Just look at the group page for more information to make sure you guys are aware. I'm not speaking on behalf of no one, but to let you be aware. For me that I had been investing a lot of money on my buggy waiting for this law and now reading this is very frustrating at the very least.
dlearl476
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: No more NEW Registrations in Texas? Reply with quote

Yaleiza07 wrote:
I just read some comments over the save the Texas dune buggy, sand rail & kit car fb page and is not very encouraging. There's a delay in how the TXDMX will going to finalize the rule making that will apply to the bill. That alone knowing how TXDMV treaded the group in the past means an obstacle for sure. That will delay the right to use our buggies as late as probably summer of next year based on that information. Just look at the group page for more information to make sure you guys are aware. I'm not speaking on behalf of no one, but to let you be aware. For me that I had been investing a lot of money on my buggy waiting for this law and now reading this is very frustrating at the very least.
Sounds like the Utah DMV. The legislature passed a law to reissue retro white on black plates, but it’s been on hold for two years because the dmv allegedly can’t find a manufacturer of reflective black paint, which they insist the plates must have.

Luckily for me, I got a personalized plate, and had a place custom make me 55 Utah plates with the registration number for my Beck Spyder.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: