Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stolen: KCR IRS transmission
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Stolen: KCR IRS transmission Reply with quote

Not sure where to post this I hope his is the right place.
Today my transmission that was boxed up for FedEx pickup was stolen from our front door. It's a fairly built trans and I don't think whoever took it knows what they have, please keep an eye out for an IRS transmission, KCR stamp near starter area, lower nosecone bolts loose from removing mid brace, crack in one of the lower bolts mounting points, new BugPack HD cross arm (73-79 style) and new German bearing, 2 bolt front mount, no oil and both oil plugs only hand tight.
It was stolen from West Palm/Royal Palm area
Any help would be greatly appreciated
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sucks, check the local recyclers.
mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
that sucks, check the local recyclers.

I agree, I had a 091 stolen by the local scrap metal asshole. He gets scrap price and I have to replace a 600$ core that is a customers

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few scrap weasels steal stuff from behind my shop every chance they get. I even had one of them grab a whole chassis from a customer's Thing. I managed to get that back just before it went to the crusher.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camaroboi13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks man, sorry to hear about the loss.

On a side note, 17 years ago I remember telling myself this is what I'm going to have a kid for. I have a teenager who's out of school right now, and I keep telling him if he wants to live another day he'll watch out for the mail man Laughing

FFL GUN DEALER! PM ME FOR SOCAL TRANSFERS!
SoCalJes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep an eye on Craig's list and ebay and call your local trans shops. Good Luck

I have no pity for thieves Twisted Evil
Just because it didn't come that way, doesn't mean it shouldn't have.
flyboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have more compassion for pets than I do people and this is the reason why.

I hope the person that tookit did so because he and his family are starving and this is the only way to feed them. If so, you've done a good deed. involentarily. Crying or Very sad
Porsche 914
09 Z06 Vette track car
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the douche needs money I would rather pay him to mow my grass than to steal from me

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmscott wrote:
If the douche needs money I would rather pay him to mow my grass than to steal from me

He wouldn't do it as it would involve doing work.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Metalmaster1766
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: I dislike theives Reply with quote

A few weeks ago someone stole 200 feet of welding cable off my stick welder

The worst part is, it had to be a friend of mine, or friends of my two son's, what really sucks is, the welder & cables are a good friend of mine, I called & made a police report, but still haven't heard anything

I called up a welding supply store to get a price for some new welding cable with a ground clamp & an electrode holder, $950

I have since taken the garage keys away from both my sons, & bought 2 of those motion detectors that beep in anyone walks past my gate
I put one on the side of my garage door, that way if I walk in the house for anything & somebody thinks they can steal something else I will know when to run outside & shoot who ever it is, I won't shoot to kill, just to make them walk everyday after with a noticeable limp

Ron
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would settell for a limp??add a camera while your at it, just incase you get tired of the critters turning on the light.
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a Foscam brand motion sensitive camera for my garage.. Cost me about $80, registered at no-ip.com and anytime something triggers it, I get an e-mail with 5 pictures.. I can log into it from any computer/tablet/internet connection, including an app for my iPhone, and it has X/Y/Z servos with a pretty good range of motion for remote movement control, and it has 9 IR LEDs for night vision..

So far I haven't "needed" it, but it's nice to know it's there.. attached it an example shot from my e-mail box.. there was damn near zero light when it was taken (power strip lights and outside light from under the door on the other side of the garage..)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your cameras. I have a dozen of them located around my house & shop, all equipped with night vision, recording 24 hours a day and storing the video for over 30 days. I've turned over video to the police of somebody shooting a window out of one of my cars, shooting guns in the street in front of my house, shooting a gun at the roof of my house, as well as other forms of harassment. NOTHING substantial has ever been done about it. You'd probably be better off to spend a few nights hiding in your shop with a gun equipped with a silencer..... Rolling Eyes
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Good luck with your cameras. I have a dozen of them located around my house & shop, all equipped with night vision, recording 24 hours a day and storing the video for over 30 days. I've turned over video to the police of somebody shooting a window out of one of my cars, shooting guns in the street in front of my house, shooting a gun at the roof of my house, as well as other forms of harassment. NOTHING substantial has ever been done about it. You'd probably be better off to spend a few nights hiding in your shop with a gun equipped with a silencer..... Rolling Eyes

yeah, if you can't clearly see a face you're kinda SOL.. even if you CAN clearly see a face, you don't have high odds, but any evidence is better than no evidence at all..

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
SoCalJes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you are aware but you can also get IR floodlights (part of my business is installing video systems). They wont see them in pitch black but through your camera it looks like day time.

I don't think shooting lead is warranted Smile but a good buckshot loaded with sawdust and rock salt will get their attention.
KIDING! Don't shoot anyone, worse case just beat them with a ratchet extension like I do Laughing
Just because it didn't come that way, doesn't mean it shouldn't have.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tattooed_pariah wrote:
SBD wrote:

yeah, if you can't clearly see a face you're kinda SOL.. even if you CAN clearly see a face, you don't have high odds, but any evidence is better than no evidence at all..

On some of these, everybody knew EXACTLY who was involved. The guy lived across the street from me. Him & his friends pulled up in his truck. It was pretty obvious who it was....

Another time 2 guys walked up a lighted driveway & up the sidewalk in front of my house to steal something from my yard and both of their faces clearly showed. They looked almost straight at the camera. I could even tell the cops where one of them worked at the time. Didn't seem to matter. Like I said, you're probably better off hiding out with a silencer equipped gun. Just kidding, of course. Laughing
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
tattooed_pariah wrote:
SBD wrote:

On some of these, everybody knew EXACTLY who was involved. The guy lived across the street from me. Him & his friends pulled up in his truck. It was pretty obvious who it was....

Another time 2 guys walked up a lighted driveway & up the sidewalk in front of my house to steal something from my yard and both of their faces clearly showed. They looked almost straight at the camera. I could even tell the cops where one of them worked at the time. Didn't seem to matter. Like I said, you're probably better off hiding out with a silencer equipped gun. Just kidding, of course. Laughing

in that case, bring a copy of the police report and a disc with videos/pictures down to the station and start harassing supervisors.. work your way up to the Chief if you have to, sounds like you just have lazy police..

jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
you would settell for a limp??add a camera while your at it, just incase you get tired of the critters turning on the light.

I have a 95lb Amstaff and 80lb pitbull as my first defense. Second is the home alarm with motion sensors and trip sensors at everydoor. Third is my gun. 4th is a cop neighbor across from me. My Amstaff is all black. The first thing you will hear and see is a growl and white teeth. My male knows how to pull the screen door open with his claws too...

To the OP. Sucks brother. I hope there will be good news at the end of this dreadful one. Nothing is safe outside your door these days unfortunately.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tattooed_pariah wrote:
SBD wrote:
tattooed_pariah wrote:
SBD wrote:

in that case, bring a copy of the police report and a disc with videos/pictures down to the station and start harassing supervisors.. work your way up to the Chief if you have to, sounds like you just have lazy police..

I live in a town of less than 1700 people. Everybody knew what A$$hats the guy & his friends were, even the cops in the surrounding towns. As to going to the chief, the first time I reported the neighbor it was the chief who responded & took the report, plus several other times.

The time when the 2 guys walked up my driveway and sidewalk, one of them looked a lot like the son of the chief, but I didn't know him well enough to be sure, & nobody else would comment one way or the other.

To the OP, I hope you get your stuff back. This crap SUCKS! I've been on the receiving end of it & know how you feel. Rolling Eyes
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not turn on the cameras if at home. No witnesses is best in case you kill the fucker. If you die no worries.

If I am at home the security is taken care of by Sig and an M4 1:12 twist -not a target barrel but will not have to worry about fingerprints. The low twist rate will shred the home invader nicely.

Also, you only see the signs INSIDE the property: PERPETRATORS WILL BE SHOT. SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT...AGAIN. Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: