Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
herkster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah the car has a good amount of power and is a blast to drive. I'm always going to want more because that's the way to start killing mustangs. We used to do that with the 2180cc VW motor.

Believe me most of the other buggies don't have this kind of power. Very few more have turbos, VW or not.

Overall I'd rather not have the turbo issues with heat.

It got quite a few stares and double takes at the Port Orange/ Daytona Show.
herkster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great Pictures from the Beach in Daytona. Had to do quite a bit of cleaning afterwards but worth it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

herkster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

Well Its been nearly 3 years and its running like a top. A few really small issues but nothing serious. Still has a slow leak in the drivers side rear tire. The Suby Fires right up every time. No fail!

Wish I had drove it more...only has 2,500 miles on it! Its been all over Florida being towed to see Mom and Dad and a few car events.

Looks like we might move to New Smyrna Beach in the future. Guess what? they drive on the beach there!

In any event the car now resides with the planes in the hangar while we get the house ready to sell in south Florida.
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

Very cool!! You'll be right in the area for No Dough Weekend!!

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

2500 miles in 3 years? We put at least that on our Buggy just this last summer.

If your not going to use it man - a bunch of us are going to show up and confiscate it! Evil or Very Mad

Neglect of that sort is just not right!
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

oprn wrote:

It is not the amount of miles, it is the fun and smiles in those miles that count.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
oprn wrote:

It is not the amount of miles, it is the fun and smiles in those miles that count.

Parade and car show Buggy?

Come one Joe, I know you went to Alaska and back.

Herkster... you better not be trailering that thing from event to event! If you are then those are not smiles you are getting, they are smirks and don't count!
Don't worry about wearing out that Suby - my cousin has a NA with over 500,000 km on it and still going. My wife's turbo Forester is over 200,000 now.

Just pokin' fun! All good.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

A touch over 50,000 miles at right on 3 years.

Starting April 15, 2018 through May 6, 2018, it will get 8,000 + miles on it including 1200 miles racing through the Baja.

For me it is not the amount of miles it is the quality of the mile driven in the buggy. Some of my favorite miles are the ones driven just to work. Just because I can.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

Any miles in a Buggy are quality miles!

My Missus grins like a kid in the Buggy whether we are on a short jaunt or long trip. She doesn't react that way in the Porsche and it's a much sweeter ride both in comfort and performance.
herkster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

Its all good. its been to NSB, Daytona and more since we arrived. Not a bunch of miles but having fun. Any idea the penalty for cutting a donut on the beach is?
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

herkster wrote:
Its all good. its been to NSB, Daytona and more since we arrived. Not a bunch of miles but having fun. Any idea the penalty for cutting a donut on the beach is?

$200??
herkster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

cdnltded wrote:
herkster wrote:

$200??

Is that 200 each? I actually afraid the'd get me on reckless rather than careless plus some sort of speed.
herkster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Building our Allison Daytona Dune Buggy Reply with quote

anyways...we'll be at the NO dough Daytona beach event on Saturday and at the event on Sunday. Got to get to polishing!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: