Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfusn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear? Reply with quote

I want this combo, since I prefer the RMW front bumper but want to do up the GW rear swing-away system. Has anyone seen both in close proximity or else have this combo? Do the finishes match?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrfusn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear? Reply with quote

I ended up sticking with GW on both front & rear, but I’ll bet you wouldn’t have noticed the difference between finishes with the RMW. Still used the RMW grille guard and it looks pretty good.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gdmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear? Reply with quote

I have been interested in your initial post. I too am thinking about mixing the front and rear bumpers. Really Like the look of the Twin Peaks front bumper and the versatility of the GoWesty rear with swing away. Any thoughts in retrospect of going both with the GoWesty? I prefer not doing the RMW swing away with the drilling into the body, plus I have a snorkel on the drivers side to my Bostig conversion. I might go all RMW if I hadn't up sized my wheels and tires, which won't fit in the old spare storage in the front. Tire diameter approximately 27.5, 16" Wheels. Thanks!
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear? Reply with quote

1) I'll bet most people won't know or notice the difference, but some of us will. Heck, for years so ran one set of hub caps on one side of the van and a different set on the other. I learned that from my dad. Use what you have and enjoy two versions and no one will notice. Laughing

2) I'm a fan of the RMW bumpers: I like the looks and in the rare instance that you use them, only the damaged parts need to be replaced. Evil or Very Mad

3) I chose the RMW swingouts over the GW because they appear sturdier and the hinges (Heinz joints) work easily even with way too much weight on them.

4) It's your van, do what works best for you.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear? Reply with quote

What are Heinz joints? Are they made of ketchup?

Laughing
Chestercopperpot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear? Reply with quote

Ketchup and heim sandwich
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear? Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
What are Heinz joints? Are they made of ketchup?

Laughing

Auto-correct has it in for me...either that or I was thinking of dinner.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
mrfusn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: RMW Twin Peaks front bumper + GW plate rear? Reply with quote

I've been happy with the GW bumpers + swingaways and the RMW guard. I did end up putting a Hi-Lift using GW's mount on their front hitch, too.

Here's decent pictures of both.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: