Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianDent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

What's the deal with the crew trying to give a little push at the green? I can't imagine they do anything besides put themselves in danger... Question

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Fiatdude wrote:
Hey Guys -- -- This guy says you weak-asses wouldn't race him no more so he left the V.I. to find some real completion ?!?!?!?

What's up with this??? -- -- Oh, He was probably from the BVI

Link

450HP? Only 98 MPH in the 1/4?

Anyone else wonder about this?
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Someone linked that video in to me in my build and I asked the same question.
Piledriver said it was probably a 10.90 index race and they couldn't go below that so he was standing on the brakes at the end of the quarter.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RonC808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

[quote="BrianDent"]What's the deal with the crew trying to give a little push at the green? I can't imagine they do anything besides put themselves in danger... Question

Back in the day at St.Thomas's track I've seen as many as 4-6 guys lined up behind the car they just bet a wad on to give it a helping shove so they wouldn't sit & spin for too long. There wasn't any track prep back then.

I'm guessing the guys in the video were doing the same (?) and maybe baby-sitting the battery shut-off switches (?).

Seems like staying in the wet box during burnouts is an issue for the light weight Manxes. Full bodied bugs don't seem to have any problem staying put. But with all the weight over the back wheels its probably not as critical since they all seem to launch nicely with front wheels in the sky.
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Hey Fellas!! It been a min since I came on here. 2 Cat 5 Hurricane aint no joke. But we made it through unharmed. Many people were displace and lost everything. Place is now getting back together slowly. Thank you guys for checking in with me. I got a few clips of SID and Gramz together for the first time a few days ago. My carbs and engine was seized up and I had to work on it to get it free up. Salt water and Air mix... is a bad combo.

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

I hope Ranney told ya I took the shirt of his back from stop light to stop light last weekend.. But then again... No video to prove it.. smh.. lol I gotta get my Go Pro installed.

Fiatdude wrote:
Hey Guys -- -- This guy says you weak-asses wouldn't race him no more so he left the V.I. to find some real completion ?!?!?!?

Link

How you guys doing???? Got any Electricity yet Ranney???

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Back in the days... They do that to stop the car from rolling into the trap light. And to this day it still happening. Some cars don't have staging brakes.

BrianDent wrote:
What's the deal with the crew trying to give a little push at the green? I can't imagine they do anything besides put themselves in danger... Question

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Thank you Ron.. We are still in recovery mode. Some folks just got power to their homes this past weekend. It was a big mess man. I dont ever want to go through that again. I did Hugo and other hurricance as well. But Hugo is child play compared to Irma and Maria.

RonC808 wrote:
I just saw that 1320 video too and left a reply that says "USVI does VW's right".
I also left a few links to several VI bugs including Deh Sharks.

I discovered this Manx build thread after Irma. So I'm guessing bugs have been put aside and survival is priority 1.

I left the VI in '89 (former Garden St. area resident) and barely missed hurricane Hugo. I returned to visit several years later and they were still in recovery mode.

Praying you guys can get get back up and running with food, water & power ASAP.

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Good day Hanging with the fellas.

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
Glasser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

LOL, That's awesome! Hey did you ever put yours on a dyno? If you did and don't want to say in public FB me Wink

Deh Shark wrote:
I hope Ranney told ya I took the shirt of his back from stop light to stop light last weekend.. But then again... No video to prove it.. smh.. lol I gotta get my Go Pro installed.

Fiatdude wrote:

Link

How you guys doing???? Got any Electricity yet Ranney???

Project#2. Neighbors build up. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=327008
gbaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Those numbers for the blue buggy are legit, you can see the car gets shut off early. MPH always drops way more than ET.
I ran a 10.80 at 100 at Gainesville but it went 102 to the 1/8th mile. My car was shut off at about 1000'.

I think that blue car just met the wall earlier this spring.
Hope he gets it fixed back up.
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Hey Shark ----

When you see him, Tell Grandma to give me a call.... He's got to many cell phone numbers for me to keep track of…. LOL
ranney laronde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

saw a weak A&$ Ghia doing donuts onan old country road..swore it was Fiatdude..driving like hes SCURRRDD again..LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

You need to stop by so I can give you a crooked ride --- Betcha I can put some skid marks down even with your weak-ass in the car -- something about a sideways drift at 90 mph that is always fun
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

You need to stop by so I can give you a crooked ride --- Betcha I can put some skid marks down even with your weak-ass in the car -- something about a sideways drift at 90 mph that is always fun
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

No doubt Harold.. lol. I'm in Maryland now. One of these days

Fiatdude wrote:

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

I miss driving and rolling out with Gramazone mehn.

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Dude, which island are you on? I lived on St Thomas for a couple years in 1980/81. Drove a 66 beetle that was a rusted out Fred Flinstone car. The steering column in that one broke in mid turn coming back into town from Red Hook. Lucky it was heavy traffic. Two minutes earlier and I would have been flyin around some Island curves. Other car was a dune buggy of unknown make. Very fun down there. Some guest from out of town forgot to stay on the left side and totaled the buggy. Disappointing. Had totally forgotten about most of that until I saw your post.
rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Uh, St Thomas? Sorry got so excited I posted before reading. Where on the Island you guys at?
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: US Virgin Islands Manx Pro Street Build Reply with quote

Awesome story bruh. Lol. We are on st Thomas USVI.

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: