Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I am no longer Westy owner!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HENDO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stubble88 wrote:
corvette tires will not be cheap either.

I'm on my second one after a 4 year break

You'll be back....they always come back Shocked

This is true. I owned 2 westies in the early 90's...sold them in 93 or 94. Here I am 20 years later with another one. Cool
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Now you can be one of those people who says "I used to own one of those, I wish I'd never sold it". With time comes perspective.
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why people care so much about whether others like or need Vanagons in their lives. The OP has stated the van does not fit their needs at this point in their lives. Good reason to sell.

I don't want everybody to need a Vanagon. This is one of the few things in my life that it is not mainstream.

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
randywebb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... I'll ante in...

Congratulations! Now you can be one of those people who says "I used to own one of those! With the time I have from not working on it all the time, I can go camping! With the money I have from not fixing it all the time I can buy a cabin!" With time comes perspective.
speedygeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randywebb wrote:
ok... I'll ante in...

Congratulations! Now you can be one of those people who says "I used to own one of those! With the time I have from not working on it all the time, I can go camping! With the money I have from not fixing it all the time I can buy a cabin!" With time comes perspective.

I will add that I am a bit OCD and like things to working correctly ALL the time, so no longer owning a vehicle that I have to worry about fixing or tinkering with is liberating.

While was on my bike training the other day I was thinking about all the great things we did in the van that I wouldn't have done without the van but that was a different time.

The most beautiful memory I have of the van is driving near Bend Oregon and looking at my then 4 year old son in the rear view mirror, while he was looking out the window at the endless plains and mountains in the distance, I couldn't help but think that he had his whole life ahead of him, this image still brings tears to my eyes, absolutely beautiful.
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedygeorge wrote:
The most beautiful memory I have of the van is driving near Bend Oregon and looking at my then 4 year old son in the rear view mirror, while he was looking out the window at the endless plains and mountains in the distance, I couldn't help but think that he had his whole life ahead of him, this image still brings tears to my eyes, absolutely beautiful.

Providing those memories for your kids is one of the great things you can do for your children.

Some of my best memories from childhood are the road trips my father took my brothers and me on while heading for someplace to hike, fish, and camp.
We slept on the ground and had a tarp for rain. My father would say I was glamping if he saw the way I camp now with the Syncro Westy!

I remember many thousands of miles looking out at the passing scenery as we drove through the western states. No interstate highways for us! All two lane blacktop and dirt roads. Cool

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
jberger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 4 passengers??? We roll with 6.,. All the time. Field trip courier with shoulder belts... Just took a leisurely trip of the Bay Area today, unladen bliss., makes me realize how well she actually does all loaded with gear, kids, 100lb dog and what ever else I hitch up behind.. For real, other vehicles, campers, moto's. There is not a mechanical devise on this planet that does not require maintenance and a strong hand.. Just sayin
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedygeorge wrote:
randywebb wrote:
ok... I'll ante in...

I will add that I am a bit OCD and like things to working correctly ALL the time, so no longer owning a vehicle that I have to worry about fixing or tinkering with is liberating.

While was on my bike training the other day I was thinking about all the great things we did in the van that I wouldn't have done without the van but that was a different time.

All I'm saying is that when you see a nice van in the future you will at some point look fondly back on those days, and you may even miss the simplicity of going camping in your van.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: