Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need some advise on what brakes to use.
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eberwolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: I need some advise on what brakes to use. Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a '92 Beck 550 Spyder. It has a 3" tubular frame with a fiberglass body. It's powered by a 1776cc Type 1 mated to a '68 swing-axle, set in as a mid engine. Here's a link to some pics.

http://community.webshots.com/user/eberwolf

Here's my question

I'm currently running 4 lug drums, I want to upgrade to a wide 5 setup. I have a set of 356B drums that need a complete rebuild. Should I go with them or move to discs all the way around?

Also, where can I get a good set of discs with the wide 5 bolt pattern?

Thanks
Jim
speed_demon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u have the money to i would go with discs all around way better stopping than drums, i got drums all around my baja and i wanna go to discs cause i want better stopping
actorboy
Samba Bum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the SoCal wide 5 kit on the front of my vert. They kickass and were easy to install. They use standard Rabbit floating rotors and do not offset the wheels. Best thing I ever did for my bug.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwhelp.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Brakes ? Reply with quote

You have lots of options Jim See-> http://www.1800vw.bizhosting.com/brakehowto.htm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: