Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is this normal business practice?
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimoblaze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Is this normal business practice? Reply with quote

Not trying to start a problem. Just need some answers. I ordered an engine from MOFOCO back in early June 2013. I was told 6-8 weeks. Well that came and went. Sent several emails to them with no response. Made quite a few calls and finally got a hold of someone who informed me that there were some supplier issues. He informed me that my engine has not even been started yet and asked if it would be okay to wait an additional 2-3 weeks. I agreed and now that time period has passed and I'm not getting any response to emails and they won't even answer their phone. I've read posts that they always return emails and phone calls in a timely manner. I'm a first time customer and will probably never order from them again.
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 months personally is a long time. The longest ive take to turn an engine oit is 3weeks and that was with constant customer changes and requests which he happily pay for. Have u spoken to Roy directly? If a part or engine is unavailable temporarily or what have you, it should be listed on the ad/site or calls need to be made to cistomers that made a.purchase. Im not a full business so they could just be swamped. Call them and request Roy specifically. I sure he will look into it.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mofoco has a bulletin posted on their web page that due to extraem heat they have changed their business hours to adjust. It is clearly posted on their website there is a 6-8 week waiting list to start on your engine. That clearly means there is a long line of people waiting ahead of you. Yes there can be supply issues on various parts and then you wait some more. I waited 3 1/2 months to get a spool for my race transaxle a few years ago. I am currently waiting in line 2 months to get some parts from Gene Berg and they tell me it could be a few more. If They have not charged your credit card yet then you really don't have much to complain about. If they have gotten money from you then yes they owe you a professional explanation.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this normal business practice? Reply with quote

kimoblaze wrote:
Not trying to start a problem. Just need some answers. I ordered an engine from MOFOCO back in early June 2013. I was told 6-8 weeks. Well that came and went. Sent several emails to them with no response. Made quite a few calls and finally got a hold of someone who informed me that there were some supplier issues. He informed me that my engine has not even been started yet and asked if it would be okay to wait an additional 2-3 weeks. I agreed and now that time period has passed and I'm not getting any response to emails and they won't even answer their phone. I've read posts that they always return emails and phone calls in a timely manner. I'm a first time customer and will probably never order from them again.

Your location is Olympia, Wash, and you're ordering from a midwest builder? No offense, but why didnt' you go with a west coast engine builder? There's plenty of them choose from out this way...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kimoblaze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally understand supply issues and that I am not their only customer. My issue is severe lack of communication. Emails don't get responded to as well as phone calls. I went with MOFOCO on a recommendation from a friend. I am also in the customer service industry and when I give a customer a time frame for equipment and for whatever reason the time frame will not be met I will let them know either by email or phone. It is not difficult nowadays to communicate. They charged my credit card on the day of the order.
SweetCars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report to your credit card.
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetCars wrote:

get a hold of Roy BEFORE doing that.

he has a reputation as a good guy, talk to him. IF after talking, you feel the need to throw threats, let him know you are thinking of doing that. But don't destroy his business reputation without first giving him a chance to make things good.

I'm sure he will chime in when he gets a chance and honestly, if I were him, I might be a little peeved that you put me on blast like this in the first place.

I understand that he is unavailable and hasn't answered phone calls or e-mails, but the VW community may be big, but GOOD people are a small set, don't screw them over or they go away.

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kimoblaze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tattooed_pariah wrote:
SweetCars wrote:

he has a reputation as a good guy, talk to him. IF after talking, you feel the need to throw threats, let him know you are thinking of doing that. But don't destroy his business reputation without first giving him a chance to make things good.

I'm sure he will chime in when he gets a chance and honestly, if I were him, I might be a little peeved that you put me on blast like this in the first place.

I understand that he is unavailable and hasn't answered phone calls or e-mails, but the VW community may be big, but GOOD people are a small set, don't screw them over or they go away.

That is why I posted it as a question not a blast. I said nothing that wasn't the truth. If Roy wants to be pissed about that then he might consider getting more competent people in his front office to take care of customers questions and concerns. I would like to talk to him and you obviously did not read my post. "He doesn't answer his emails and no one answers the phone" So knowing this. How do you propose I talk to him.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not right but.... worse happens all the time.

Give him a reason to move your engine to top priority, lets say your moving to Australia in three weeks and want to take it with you or somthin.
Jimmy111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very good business practice. I feel bad when Im just a little late. Ive been very late on some jobs too. We all have. Last job I gave away because I was so late.... Rolling Eyes But you got to keep the customers happy.
SRP1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parts supply train does suck.right now. Half.the parts that used to be good are now junk. This creates a huge delay in build times as parts are shipped back and forth in search of good product. All together it is a huge delay for all.

PM Roy here on the board. roy@mofoco.com I think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since they took your money a long time ago, they are late, and late again, and don't return emails/messages, IMO you have reason to be a bit upset! That's just bad for business.
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimoblaze wrote:
tattooed_pariah wrote:
SweetCars wrote:

That is why I posted it as a question not a blast. I said nothing that wasn't the truth. If Roy wants to be pissed about that then he might consider getting more competent people in his front office to take care of customers questions and concerns. I would like to talk to him and you obviously did not read my post. "He doesn't answer his emails and no one answers the phone" So knowing this. How do you propose I talk to him.

apparently you didn't read MY post.. because I addressed his unavailability..

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be in the Mofoco feedback thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=224339&highlight=mofoco
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: