Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Disc brake conversion questions
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RailBoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Topline Parts as well, they do Super to German Look Conversions and I run a Super that I converted to the German Look and I run there Brakes. They are Entry Level on some level, but higher than EMPI(F&R) for sure but they do not run EMPI Front Calipers, but run Vaga, so that may be what seperates them from other company's price points... They do run an EMPI rear version though, but, on my Super the Brakes work supurb F & R so what ever they have going on works great for the Total Overall Price. Don't forget, it is like a 75%/25% braking dianamic front to rear when stopping, this is off the top of my head at this early hour, but, so in retroflect to this, they even have that racing sound at times when yous stop, a little screach from the Rears, awesome and I dig it, chicks like it too,lol... Cool Laughing

By the way, have your priced out the big names, WillWood and Brembo, ect.. Like $1,200 starting off per end.... Reason I did or could not rationalize going that deep is my pockets are not that heavy, plus, my bug will never really see the heat build up for I don't plan on getting over 80 mph nor be on a race track... Oh, i just run my Super in the Appliatchian's and they are kick butt so far, even leave brake dust... Wink Cool Laughing RB

Recent Winter Shots so why not show them, built the damn thing so may as well promote the Hobby/Interest and what works or at least appears for the time..... Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ferguson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Beetle is a Standard so topline won't be much help to me, it looks like all they do is Super brakes
RailBoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to put a call in Topline Jon is a nice guy to ask, he knows whats up, he does sell to other VW types of Peeps as well... Laughing RB
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: