Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need supplier for thin wall 90.5's
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Need supplier for thin wall 90.5's Reply with quote

I know this is not the classifieds... Laughing Wink but...

Does anyone know or have a set of old school thin wall 90.5 cima/mahle pistons and cylinders? ( I know about the thick wall being mo better but this is what this engine needs)

I would like to get some in the "B" config. ( which will probably be really impossible!) but it's a 74 stroke so I can use "A"'s and shim the cyls to get the compression ratio I want.

I tried Gene Berg as they list them on thier website, but when the owner of this engine to be called them they said they "only sold them with a complete engine kit" WTF is that...? oh well just bidness I guess.

Other possibilities are to get some thick wall 88's which will fit the case cylinder spigots, but I don't think they come in a "B" config or once again would be hard to find. We really want the 1904 cc's and not 1800cc though

If anyone has a line on some or knows of a direct source or has any info it will be much appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SHTUBBY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: thin walls Reply with quote

Keith, Berg shows those P&Ls in the catalog. Pricey!!!!!!! Steve
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Steve, after talking with you I still have not done anything!...

like I said in my first post ( I have not called yet) the owner was told yesterday on the phone that they did not sell the set separately! BS! why have them psoted on your website as a individual set then...

cb perf said they haven't sold them in years, cip1 guy said he had "never heard of thin walled 90.5's" (damn youngsterrs! LOL Wink )

I'm sure someone out there has to know of a supplier still or has some collecting dust on the shelves of their shop.

I'm gonna call Ron over at Scat and maybe check with Kona too...

another week or so and I will have to go the other route and dissasemble the case and get it opened up some more Rolling Eyes LOL see what can happen when you get all excited at a pile of new parts and forget to recheck the damn case! Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check on the CLF, those guys know everything
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Erik, Just what I want to do... go be a newbie and get slammed on another site! Rolling Eyes Wink
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay now that the holiday is over I am hoping some others may see this... if not in a few days I will delete it...

any info appreciated! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: