Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The unique sound of a diesel!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: The unique sound of a diesel! Reply with quote

While driving around today on some errands, pre trip to Montreal, a weird thing happened to me. As I said driving around on errands came up to a red light and stopped. A gentleman on the curb waiting for the Walk sign looked over his shoulder at me. I saw him take his phone out and then as the light went green I accelerated normally. I figured he might be taking a picture, people often do.

My FOR SALE sign is on the back window and on the driver's side middle window. My phone rang and I pulled over to answer it because I just had a weird feeling it was that man. It was! So he asked me if I'd wait until he got up to me and I said sure. He said you just never see a Vanagon with a diesel (guess he could tell by the sound).

So I gave him one of my brochures and showed him the engine and my messy van. Altho he lives out of town he works in that area. Told him I'm leaving town tomorrow thru the weekend and he said that he and his wife wanted a Vanagon, particularly, a diesel. He drives a Jetta diesel car. He'll phone me next week. I emphasized that the price was fairly firm but that it would include everything and mentioned that there were a lot of vans for substantially less $$$ but mine was a custom interior and a custom engine done by a professional.

Who knows what will happen! I haven't advertised yet anywhere but on the van as I have taken all the pictures but have to figure out how to post them in one place accessible to the public. I don't know if Samba's Galleries are accessible.

Anyhow strange happening and I had a strange feeling that it was the man on the corner. When he said my van for sale, I confirmed with him that he was the man on the corner. I'll bet there are lots of strange(r) stories of these vans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: