Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Picked up a '67 with dual-port, upgrade plans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, this guy's gettin' serious! I'ma click on this thread in a few months from now and he's gonna have a 2.3 liter F.I.'d monster, and he's gonna be getting info on stepped headers!

Stan, I can appreciate how you kept your OEM tin all in place. It's funny how for so long, people were doing the wildest and most stupid things to their engines, and today the trend is to keep things simple. Our original equipment is slowly finding it's way back onto our vehicles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stan_tichomirov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Most of my decisions are limited by budget, that helps with keeping things simple. I'm learning though, small steps.

STan
My budget 2276 build
veedubcrazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is making me mad. Very Happy I kinda want to do a 1600 with 40 Webers in my '67...
stan_tichomirov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I obtained some turbo parts off a Buggy -- offroad header, TD04 off a Forester XT, intercooler, CB hats, fuel pressure regulator, etc. I want to try fitting these on my Beetle.

I hacked up the header and made my own using my $100 Harbor Freight stick toaster. I don't know how to weld, so things are too ugly to show. Header is mounted, next I need to plumb turbo and intake.

Question -- is an intercooler worth using? I have it.. It has an integrated bypass valve, if I don't use the TMIC I'd need a blowoff valve, or maybe can move the bypass valve from TMIC to intake somehow.

Ugly header doing it's thing:

Link

Stan
My budget 2276 build
stan_tichomirov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

Stan
My budget 2276 build
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like fun! did you finish th turbo setup? or back to N/A?

Jeff
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stan_tichomirov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the turbo setup functioning and driveable, but blew up my stock differential. Transaxle is still at the shop. I'm not happy with POS header and would have to invest either in it, or a MIG welder to be more happy with the setup. But it ran.

I have a budget 2276 build mocked up, need to set up valve train and cut pushrods, and either buy an oil pump of steal the Berg pump off the 1835. Either way it'll be a Berg pump. Kind of at a crossroads right now, but leaning towards finishing the 2276.

Stan
My budget 2276 build
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan_tichomirov wrote:
I got the turbo setup functioning and driveable, but blew up my stock differential. Transaxle is still at the shop. I'm not happy with POS header and would have to invest either in it, or a MIG welder to be more happy with the setup. But it ran.

I have a budget 2276 build mocked up, need to set up valve train and cut pushrods, and either buy an oil pump of steal the Berg pump off the 1835. Either way it'll be a Berg pump. Kind of at a crossroads right now, but leaning towards finishing the 2276.

Stan

I have a spare CB Maxi pump that is brand new, I just had 2 of them. You can have one if you want just pm me your address. Im in sacramento so shipping is nothing. The one I have I forget if its 1778 or cb1779, they say one is 70down and one is 71up. I don't know how to tell. but its what you need cause its the one for full flow and performance cams.

this is the 1779
http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1779
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: