Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Car lift points location?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject: Car lift points location? Reply with quote

I just got a 2-post asymmetrical lift in my shop and am super excited. However, I can't find information on where exactly the safe lift points are for lifting my '76. I'm not talking about the car jack points, I'm talking about auto lift lift point locations (see picture).

I'm looking for input from those who actually have experience lifting a whole Bus on a car lift, not arm-chair opinions. Pictures of said lift points are welcome, of course. If you have lift points for any other air-cooled dubs then that would be appreciated as well VW Logo

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The First Invasion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Car lift points location? Reply with quote

see standard VW instruction manuals:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/type2.php

1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Car lift points location? Reply with quote

LOL...I looked through three different manuals I have at home and couldn't find anything definitive. I did multiple searches here & elsewhere and nuthin'. I totally forgot about the documentation here on the site Embarassed

I feel silly. Thank you! Thumbs Up
The First Invasion
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Car lift points location? Reply with quote

Werks Very Happy

Front:

Rear:

The First Invasion
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Car lift points location? Reply with quote

color me green with envy, specially as i just got off the driveway doing stuff to my bus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
favguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Car lift points location? Reply with quote

Nice lift, I'm envious as well. I've even got a lift, but because of my garage set up and height of the bus, can only get cars up on to it! So it sits there taunting me whilst I grovel on the floor under the bus, right next to it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Car lift points location? Reply with quote

dodger tom wrote:
color me green with envy, specially as i just got off the driveway doing stuff to my bus.

I feel ya! BTDT for literally decades on all my cars.

I've wanted a lift for over 24 years but space and money were always a factor. A buddy of mine told me about this unit for sale and the price was far too good to pass up. Wife gave her approval as she knew this was my dream and we now had the space for it. I had enough money in savings to cover the purchase AND the tear-down, transport, and install (for you PDX volk I highly recommend Able Equipment Installers).
The First Invasion
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Car lift points location? Reply with quote

Yup... a lift would be luxury but a dry garage floor with jack stands and a floor jack has been a nice step up from the old days when most of the work I did on my 73 Panel was in the driveway or at the side of the road.
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: