Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did YOU get pulled over for?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWKDF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU get pulled over for? Reply with quote

Back in the eighties I was sitting at a light one winter evening in my '56. A cop pulls up behind me, then turns on his lights. He walks to my door and tells me I have no brake lights. I was surprised, I told him I had just cleaned all my connections and knew they worked. He proceeded to the back of the car where he found out how much dimmer they could get when I took my foot off the brake.
Ah, that 6-volt lighting was really something especially at idle with a southwind heater going.
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU get pulled over for? Reply with quote

About 8 years ago I was driving my 63 Herbie replica to work one morning on a long flat straightaway and hit 75 mph in a 50 zone. A sheriff's patrol car was sitting back in a little spot and I saw him from the corner of my eye as I went by. I kept on booking it over the next hill and pulled into work. Before I get out of my car he pulls in behind me blocking me in.

I get out as he does and he says, "What in the hell do you have in that thing?" I popped the lid and said, "a little old sewing machine engine." He's walking around the car looking at the interior commenting on how nice it is. Then he said, "You know how fast you were going?" I replied, "Too fast I'm sure." He said,"75 in a 50. That's serious stuff. Do you know Norma Axxxxx?" I said, "Yes, she works for me." He said, "She's my wife. I remember her saying her boss has a Herbie The Love Bug. I called her on my way and told her I just clocked you25 mph over the speed limit in Herbie and she begged me not to give you a ticket. Try to keep in under 60 on that road, would ya?"

And he shook my hand and said "nice car...didn't know they could go that fast." And drove off.
1sqr2nv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU get pulled over for? Reply with quote

Early 90's when I was in High School, got pulled over in my 64 Notch. Sheriff said car was too low, too loud and too ugly!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU get pulled over for? Reply with quote

1sqr2nv wrote:
Early 90's when I was in High School, got pulled over in my 64 Notch. Sheriff said car was too low, too loud and too ugly!

Damn, you just described me. He'd give me a ticket for just walking down the street.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: