Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Streeeeeeeet Leeeegal!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HERC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that!
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2RL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck to you. Dont let the bastards win!
Having been to Harrisburg I'd have to agree itd look a lot better as a smoking crater :p
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copy of email I just sent to all my elected officials, attorney general of PA , Governor of Pa, and my entire address book.

All,
Today I contacted the inspection garage handling the case. I am told that Mr. Roadcap has been calling them and they are feeling threatened by his behavior. In case you were unaware THIS constitutes CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR.

§ 5301. Official oppression. A person acting or purporting to act in an official capacity or taking advantage of such actual or purported capacity commits a misdemeanor of the second degree if, knowing that his conduct is illegal, he: (1) subjects another to arrest, detention, search, seizure, mistreatment, dispossession, assessment, lien or other infringement of personal or property rights; or (2) denies or impedes another in the exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, power or immunity.

Just from a layman’s standpoint, reading that seems to implicate Troy Roadcap and Kay Kishbaugh, if not their supervisory personnel too! It should be noted that I do not personally wish to see them prosecuted. I am merely wanting them to do their jobs and to become helpful in the completion of the project. However, if it takes prosecution and possible job loss, well, they have been given ample chances to be helpful but chose instead to be OPPRESSIVE. They have had the paperwork in hand since 8 October. Surely, instead of repeatedly moving the goal posts, they could have assisted me in getting done EXACTLY what was needed to finish this job . It should have been a one-week process at most. As it is, we will be lucky to get completion by Christmas. If we continue to move at Mr. Roadcap’s and Ms. Kishbaugh’s current pace, well, Jesus will probably be back before completion.

Perhaps, now that we all see a crime in progress, we can motivate them to do their jobs.

FOR THE VOTERS AND MY FRIENDS AND RELATIVES reading this:
So far, the only responses I am getting on this are from Stewart Greenleaf and initially from Mr. O’Neill’s office. It would be helpful if you would remember this come election day. I will remind you often.

I wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Just got back from having it RE-INSPECTED. Passed with flying colors. Resubmittal of paperwork tomorrow morning, with a twist. State Senator Stewart Greenleaf is personally hand-carrying the package to PennDOT. I don't foresee any more stalling, but then I didn't see any possibility before of them stalling. Fingers are crossed!

DWP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go. Keep us updated.
DWP
Dave

Is it to early for Greenleaf for Gov stickers????????
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, Thank you again for the use of the tow bar and lights. I'll be over your way tomorrow AM. I'll put them in front of garage door if that is ok. Again, THANK YOU!!

DWP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep them as long as you need. At least wait till you get the plates and everything is over.
Dave
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm hoping it's before Christmas!

HERC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ax, sometimes you just gotta plant a bomb in someones ass. Cool
Great perseverance dude.
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!! State Senator Greenleaf's Chief of Staff just called a little bit ago. " I don't know what you did to them, they are not happy over at PennDOT. They mailed your Title out today." They can be all the pissed off they want to be, as long as they do their jobs and call me SIR. Bwahahahahaaa Ok gentlemen, I kicked the door down and made sure they couldn't put it back up. I got the first one legal in Pa, but I do not want to be the only one!

The next "update" post on this thread will be a walk-around/ride-along video in Pennsylvania's first street legal rail!

Thank you to all who helped and gave encouragement and advice, and special thanks to Dave and Daniel (his son) for dropping their plans and coming to my aid. I will do the same for others.

dfunkesq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute.... You can legaly flat tow a non-street legal vehicle in PA?? What is the world comin to. Very Happy Just kidding good job just got done reading the whole post what a story.
RailGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats man, looking forward to seeing the ride.
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would PennDot be pissed off? If you met the letter of their law then they would have no recourse than to grant the title. Are we Pennsylvanians going to need a Senator to bully our cars through the system each time?

Don't get me wrong here. I SEE that you went above and beyond to meet the law as written. Something is definitely wrong in Harrisburg if the personal notions of a few counter people overrule the written regulations....

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: STREET LEGAL status has been achieved!!!! Let the good times roll!! Here's a couple of pics. That's an actual Pa license plate and the second pic is an actual Pa Inspection Sticker. Progressive insurance- FULL coverage was $ 124 per year!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

PennDOT was angry because they were adamant that a sand rail "dune buggy" would NEVER be street legal in PA. It took two Senators, two Elected Representatives and a Governor facing re-election, PLUS, a buttload of emails to PennDOT that I made sure to copy a bunch of folks on. My strategy, once I figured out they wanted to play mean, was to remain polite, and compliant, but ESCALATE with each email. Every time I had to respond to them, I added a few dozen email addresses to the "CC" list and even more to the "BCC" list. I made sure to comment in the email somewhere that everyone reading the emails should take note of the elected officials who did not APPEAR to be helping and to remember their names on Election Day. I also played up the "Veteran" angle. "Why are you screwing over a Veteran? Why are you trying to keep a Veteran from enjoying the rights he fought for?"

At one point, I challenged one of the supervisors to a race: "You race to see how fast you can get the paperwork done for me, and I'll race to see how fast I can get you fired. Ready, Set , GO!!!" I understand she took a Leave of Absence. When they gave it to a guy who thought he could bully me, I sent a Certified letter to the Governor and the Attorney General asking if the idiot was trying to extort money, or solicit a bribe from me. He promptly started trying his best to help. When it became clear that the resistance was from the Executives at PennDOT, I leveled a charge of Official Oppresion against two of the high level supervisors. THAT lit some fires and got the line employees to start acting like they might get in trouble for resisting a citizen who was completely right.

So, there you have it. There is now a clear set of tracks down the road as to how to get one legal in PA. I had help from a member who lives close by, and his son, and for that I am very grateful. I will gladly help the next guy.

Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS PROMISED: Video!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLwNByPwiow&feature=c4-overview&list=UUqJp-hL5w2VBWh7UazGcsDQ

DWP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob WAY TO GO??
take it easy, you do not want to give the local police any more reason to stop you!!!!!!!!'
DWP
Dave
sbpickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all of your hard work, I look forward to following in your tire tracks....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JabaDubRider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Secretary of State / DMV Came out and placed my vin sticker today. No such trouble here in Michigan. The lady didn't even reinspect my Rail as she felt bad that she woke me up from working a midnight shift. HAHA

I work midnights every day but didn't tell her that!

Michiganders this process is easy get it done and cruise!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=536093
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: