Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alert! BEWARE of seller [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Alert! BEWARE of seller [email protected] Reply with quote

Beware of seller whos Samba Id is [email protected] and goes by the name of Austen Wery of Brentwood Ca. On 11/4 I sent him 200 bucks for a pr of semaphores for a Bug that were supposedly in great working condition and were just missing the mount screw on one of them. He sent them to me and it was obvious just looking at them they were junk, linkage pins missing, bent linkage etc,etc. I checked them with my ohm meter anyway and sure enough they both had open coils! Hooked them up to a 6v battery and no surprise when they both didnt work! I contacted seller and he said send them back which i did on 11/13, I emailed him and asked if he had received them on the 24th, he said he did and confirmed the condition that I had found them in and said that I MUST HAVE DONE IT! Since then has not responded to emails etc. I contacted Everett Barnes of the Samba and he side that although The Samba cannot do anything, I should go to the forum and list an alert for Seller Fraud. I just checked his other ads and found that he has 29 ads listed for parts and a 58 Bug and I felt the urgency to tell the world about this bandit! This could happen to you!
[email protected]
[email protected]
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he's still got your cash?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, still has my cash! Offered me $120.00 ! As if I owe him 80 bucks! I am trying my hardest to give him the benefit of doubt, maybe he was busy and didnt give them a good look before sending them to me??? Maybe he bought them from someone else who said they worked and never tried them himself??? Maybe he has had a bad experience buying parts and thinks everyone is out to get him??? Anyone selling the Brooklyn Bridge, Ill buy it!
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alert him to the fact that he has committed mail fraud, an offence the government and post office don't take lightly, and tell him to return every penny! Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blue55oval
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: semaphores Reply with quote

that's not fraud, anyways the goverment isent going to wast there time on 200.00 theres thousands of claims everyday
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misrepresentation is fraud. It is obvious the seller was a crook.
blue55oval
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: beware of john howland!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

in respone to john howlands letter about the semaphores i sold him.
when i sent him the semaphores, they were in good working condition, i tried them before i sent them out to make sure that they worked and i sold them as is and insured them for 200.00, they either got messed up during delivery or he messed them up, so im not going to give him a full refund! for messing them up, when i got them back one was burnt up and the other was missing a pin and looks like it was forced open! dont sell anything to john howland because he will just break them and what a full refund! im willing to send him back a refund but not 200 with shipping at my expence, this is the first time i have had trouble from anyone! and i have sold alot of stuff here on the samba, ask anyone exept john and they will tell you i send everything i sell and everyone is a 100% happy with the item,,,,thanks austen
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were any pics exchanged or was the sale sight unseen?
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just hope they won't waste their time. If they were damaged in transit, then it's not the buyers fault, you packed them. You have insurance, so what's the problem, your beef is with the post office then, not the buyer. You're method of dealing with problems will drive away future buyers, and cost you more in the long run. IMHO Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blue55oval
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: semaphores Reply with quote

i sold them with a picture, and he should just talk to the post office and see if he can get the insurence,,,thanks austen
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so blue, you have any vert parts layin around?
blue55oval
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: semaphores Reply with quote

no i dont have any vert, what year are you looking for? i might be able to find one as long as its not too early, thanks austen
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell old Austin you are going to let the IRS know about his little business. I am sure he keeps good records. Very Happy They just love internet junckies. Their big push this next year will be internet sales and they just might want a few names to start with. Brentwood has a good IRS address. He probably has alot to hide.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are these the same semaphores?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.php?photo+200311021347292948
add placed Nov. 02, updated Dec. 11, 2003
'nice working swf semaphores - 210shipped',
Bax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: insurance and mail order Reply with quote

Austin should be contacting USPS, not the buyer. He bought the insurance to protect himself so use it. I ship about 14,000 orders a year, and sometimes you just need to eat it to maintain goodwill. Stuff happens.
blue55oval
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: semaphores Reply with quote

ya 55samba those are it,,,thanks
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bax is right.
The shipper/seller is the responsible party, as far as insurance is concerned.
It is up to the buyer to cooperate with any postal or shipping company investigation if the buyer expects any compensation from the shipper/seller.

I know this sucks for the buyer, since the seller has already been paid, and has little incentive to pursue a claim.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to see some before and after photos to document the claims made here. and if the semaphores currently advertised are the same ones, how does the seller justify asking the same price, if they are indeed damaged?
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
55samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue55oval you responded to this as if you are Austin, are you? If so why are you re-advertising the semaphores that are now known to be damaged and still stating they work perfect in the add?
blue55oval
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: semaphores Reply with quote

im going to get the parts to fix them it's going to cost me a shit load of money, i might just have to buy anouther set, well anyways they worked when i sent them to john howland
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: