Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

71single - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 71single
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 22, 2024
eche_bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: 71single - [email protected] Reply with quote

Good luck buying anything from this guy. He advertised that he's parting out a '77 Westy. Here's my unfortunate experience trying to buy a few things:

9/18/13: First contact asking about several parts. Heard right back from him with promises to send photos of parts.

9/21: Got photos of carpet way too blurry to tell condition, but was told he'd take better ones the following weekend. Didn't happen.

9/23: Was told photos would come ASAP.

9/27: Still no photos received, was told he would resend.

9/30: I let him know I hadn't received anything.

10/04: I provided an alternative e-mail address just in case he was having trouble sending photos to original address.

10/11: We spoke on the phone, and I let him know I hadn't received any photos. Was told they'd been sent, but that he would send again through another phone and would do this over the weekend. He would also call after sending just to make sure I got them.

10/13: Weekend over. No photos. I sent him e-mail letting him know. Received e-mail back saying [sic] "something came up get them ASAP again very sorry".

10/15: still nothing. E-mailed to let him know I would walk away at end of week if no photos received.

10/20: end of week. Over 4 weeks passed since initial contact. No usable photos, no parts purchased. I gave up.

Not sure what the game was here, but no longer playing. Hope others have better luck than I did.
jeremy k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been dealing with Grant selling, buying, and trading parts for years never any issues. He always has good deals on parts and always very helpful.
if you inquire about a part or something be patient he will get back to you- he's a stand up guy with a job and a family and not always able to get on-line or answer calls right away
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JERADS3D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thank you again to Grant a.k.a. 71single. We just drove two and a half hours yesterday to pick up a 1965 Deluxe Split Window Bus for my friend. It will be his first Split Window Bus ever and also has been 18 years since his last Volkswagen. Not only did Grant give him a good deal on the VW Bus but he gave my friend the entire back half of another Split Window Bus so that he would have really good metal to fix all of the problem areas in the rear of the purchased bus. This wasn't even in the original deal! As for myself I have been dealing with Grant since about 2006 when I helped my girlfriend buy a 1966 Sea Blue Beetle Project Car from Grant. Grant has been really great to deal with over the years. Here is a list of the Volkswagens I have purchased from Grant in the years I have been buying VW parts and cars: 1965 Karmann Ghia, 1973 Fiberglass Dune Buggy, Swing Axle Steel Tube Rail Buggy, 1966 Gray Beetle for parts, Project 1959 Panel Bus, Free 73 Parts Beetle, Shortened Beetle Floor Pan for another Fiberglass Dune Buggy Project, Full Length I.R.S. Floor Pan that went under a friends Slammed 61 Beetle, 1970 VW Kombi on Lifted Offroad Wheels, 1967 Split Window Shorty Bus Shell. I got a phonecall once from Grant with him saying I could have the entire contents of a Bay Window Bus that was all kinds of useable parts. It was a bunch of stuff that he had already including engine tins and tail lights and steering wheels and all sorts of great parts. All I had to do was drive there and unload it to clean out the Bus it came in. I've fixed some of my stuff and made a few dollars off of that stash. For the last few years Grant has had a malfunctioning phone that wouldn't take clear pictures. I'd always tell him to send me a "blurry" picture to help me imagine what I was looking at. Grant is not the best at his internet skills and until recently usually traded parts to friends for help in listing things online. He just upgraded to a Tablet and his other ads will show it in the quality of the pictures listed there. Grant is a very hard working guy and his family is first. If there is a part that can be cut out or unbolted he can usually get to it within a week or if it's a bigger piece maybe 2 weeks. I'd say items that would be tedious to remove would probably fall on the back burner especially if there isn't a huge profit margin on it. Believe it or not some of the parts that get sold are actually removed by some of his other customers working off $$$$'s to lower the price of the parts they are buying. Some deals are worth a wait. I couldn't ever say that I have met another VW guy that is more willing to give away something for free, that he could have made a profit on. This is just to further the ability of a fellow hobbyist or new customer that is working so hard to achieve their own dream of driving a Vintage Volkswagen.

My friend and his new bus.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My 59 Panel Bus.... The front Clip with doors was a gift after I purchased the bus... not part of the deal.

My 1973 Fiberglass Dune Buggy I bought from Grant.

/((Θ))\\____|__/((Θ))\\===\___,╫░╫_/((Θ))\__./J
.............DUSTY..........and.........SCRATCH........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SOWEGA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known and been buying from Grant for about 6 years. Knowledgeable, honest seller. He's a fixture at regional shows and relied upon by many for good, quality parts. I will continue to purchase from him. Great seller.

Quote:
There are a lot of people just driving their buses around doing normal routine maintenance and they don't post their horror stories on here. On here you hear about the problems.
Geoslavetoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought lots of things from Grant, never had any issues. He is also very knowledgeable, I almost bought something I didn't need from him. He told me that was the wrong part for my application.
Wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.
vwknut71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found Grant to be a honest individual to deal with. I have bought several bugs and my present 77 camper from him and most recently a set of deltoro carbs. He knows Volkswagen, and will point you in the right direction if you are having trouble. Never had any problems, and his parts and expertise keep many of the local VW's on the road
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Grant for an easy transaction.

Much appreciated!

Dustin
rbm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Grant. Got the wheels yesterday. They were exactly as described. Appreciate you shipping these to me and taking the extra time to package them so carefully.
Brian Morton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Grant Driggers Reply with quote

Grant has been a real pro.. His photos have been posted quickly and his pricing is very fair. shop confidently.
onealgoods82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Awesome seller with a little bit of everything! Reply with quote

This guy rocks. He was quick to respond to my texts and eager to help find the exact parts I needed. He gave me a great deal too. He was prompt on keeping me updating with payment and shipping updates. Great guy to work with. You won't be sorry. Thanks Grant!
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy has came through for me every time. Quality seller. Always a deal.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
vwsnoopy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: great service Reply with quote

Good communication, reasonable prices and quick shipment.

Pleasure doing business with him
herbb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: type 3 parts Reply with quote

Made over 3hr ride to pick up some squareback parts. Grant (71single)is good guy, And knows his vw's I know ill be buying from him again.
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted a wanted ad for some odd parts, and grant cut them off a bus for me. Good deal, thanks a bunch!
jeremy k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another smooth tranasaction with Grant thanks again bro!!!!
Redbarnresto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some camper parts off of Grant. Great communication, fast shipping, couldn't be happier overall. Would buy from again, and recommend to anyone.

Dan
Strawberrygirl13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Items purchased Reply with quote

Grant was a good communicator. Be patient, as transaction may take a while....but it's worth the wait. Great product and reasonably priced. Thanks again!
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: purchased two wheels Reply with quote

purchased two wheels from grant, had a friend pick them up, easy transaction, great VW world we live in! ratlookvw
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scrivyscriv Premium Member
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Fan Shroud Flaps Reply with quote

Bought a doghouse cooling flaps setup from Grant with no issues. Sent cash his way and he shipped the parts out the very next day after he got the payment.

Parts arrived in excellent condition, IMO better than described. Will do business with Grant again.
Thanks!
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WanderHopple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Good Seller Reply with quote

I emailed Grant about an ignition housing for a Bay Bus. That part had just sold. But grant went out and dug up another one and sent me a pic.
It was close, but one year different. I thought I was out of luck, but within an hour Grant emailed another picture. This time it was the one I needed.
Even though I did not ask him to, Grant went out of his way to find the part I needed, at a fair price. He also shipped it quickly and emailed updates.

I would not hesitate to order from Grant again.

Dave Hopple
Classic VW
Shawnee OK
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: