Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

nickgeorge123 - [email protected] - nick george
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: nickgeorge123
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 20, 2013
DKNOEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: nickgeorge123 - [email protected] - nick george Reply with quote

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER! PLEASE READ BELOW:

On Monday Oct 14, 2013 my wife and I agreed to purchase a 1978 VW Riviera camper bus that Nick had posted on TheSamba. His asking price was $2000.00 We wired him the money and it was in his account on Tuesday the 15th (next day). On Friday the 18th he refused to sell the vehicle to us but refused to return our payment of $2000. He offered to repay us only $1000 but only if I sent him an email stating that the partial refund would be all I would request in return. We were not foolish enough to agree to that, nor the subsequent offers of $1100, $1300 and $1400. before his refusal to sell the vehicle we also sent to him a payment of $170 to cover the cost of installing tires on the bus so that it could be picked up and moved by a shipper. I believe we were able to stop that transaction before it posted to his account.

We live in Newark, Delaware so even though persuing a resolution in this matter will be difficult, we have begun both criminal and civil cases against Mr George. Any information anyone has about Mr. George would be helpful to us. Everett Barnes has offered to send an email to him and has given me a copy of the now deleted classified ad. I thank him for his help and his timely response to my request for that information. Please feel free to contact me at (302) 584-5905 with any help you can offer. Thanks in advance.

His info:
Nicholas George
<removed>
Gresham, OR 97030

We will keep posting with any new developments in this matter.

Duane Noel
Rebecca Collins
DKNOEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: NOV 8 UPDATE Reply with quote

We have had some communication from Mr. George but no money has been returned to us yet. He has made multiple offers to repay us a lesser amount than what we gave him. Yesterday he said he was going to pay us back in full ($2000) but will do so with monthly payments of $600 + $200. It is obvious that he has spent most of the money we sent him. We suggested he take out a loan so he could pay us back in full but he does not seem motivated to do that.

If we do not see anything by the middle of next week we will file criminal charges and begin a civil suit in his county.

To be continued....
DKNOEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. George agreed to pay us back after threatening to involve police and the courts. He sent us ONLY $500.00 and then did not follow up on any further payments that he had agreed to.
DKNOEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Yesterday I received a call from another person who has been scammed by Nick George. Nick purported to be selling a rare Mercedes car for his neighbor. His tactics were the same: demanding immediate payment or he would sell to someone else that was interested and not offering any documentation until after he received the money. After receiving the money for the vehicle he has some excuse for not being able to deliver the vehicle and then stalls and delays on repayment of funds.

In the discussion I had with the other buyer, we decided to pursue him jointly. About 30 minutes after I received the call from this other buyer I received a phone call from Nick asking if I had written some "article" about him. This call came from a different and "resticted" number than the origianl phone number I had for Nick George. calls to the original number have gone unanswered.

We have not seen any further refund since the first $500 we got back from Nick 2 months ago.
DKNOEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: More people scammed by Nick George Reply with quote

To date, I have been contacted by at least 5 people who have also fallen victim to a scam by Nick George. He is apparently operating on different web sites and running the same scams of selling vehicles that he does not own.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: