Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Middle seat rant
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Middle seat rant Reply with quote

Dear new Volkswagen owner,

We would like to extend our thanks to you for purchasing a Volkswagen Type 2, and we know you'll get years of enjoyment from it!

You will note that your new Transporter comes factory equipped with a middle bench seat for the convenience of carrying your family and friends in total Volkswagen comfort and safety.

Please leave the damned seat in there. We put there for a reason, and only a complete ass would remove it and lose all the hardware and seatbelts. In the unlikely event that you do need to temporarily remove the middle bench seat, please attend to the user-friendly fastening system of special clamps, bolts, plates and nuts for a complete and professional reinstallation of this necessary seat. Misplacing this hardware is foolish and deeply time consuming to rectify. If you have temporarily removed the middle bench seat, please ensure that you are not behaving like a complete moron by leaving it out on the patio for your stupid yapping dogs to pee all over it.

Finally, if you find that your teenage son or daughter has decided to make a sectional lounge out of the rear seating arrangement to better entertain his or her garage-band dope smoking idiot friends, kindly remind your child that this is an unsafe practice and to immediately put the seat back in its proper arrangement.

Thank you! Smile

Last edited by Wasted youth on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one was given to me earlier this week; i think he didn't want it because there was no hardware Wink

OG upholstery and all Laughing
my retirement fund stands at 3 bay middle seats & 4 vanagon ones.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borninabus wrote:
this one was given to me earlier this week; i think he didn't want it because there was no hardware Wink

OG upholstery and all Laughing
my retirement fund stands at 3 bay middle seats & 4 vanagon ones.

I got given a similar one about a year ago, it resides now in the corner of my shop area. Crying or Very sad
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seat's worth $300
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borninabus wrote:
... my retirement fund stands at 3 bay middle seats & 4 vanagon ones.

I'll send a Vanagon set if you'll pay for shipping.

Aloha
tp
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a three person middle seat but good luck finding 1971 correct seatbelts for it.
9mmMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! The seat that came with my '71 is "like new" alabaster white. The PO pulled it out of storage when he sold the bus.....thankfully with the hardware!
1971 Chianti Red / Pastel white Bus
mcode -
Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine with no middle seat. Thankfully my other bus's is in the basement along with all the hardware. The other bus is becoming a camper so its the perfect donor.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the other bus's seat also has the heater vent that attaches, as well as a the side panel, yay!
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)

Last edited by tootype2crazy on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
pdlstl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My (original) middle seat is missing that armrest. Anybody wanna give one up?

I promise to leave the middle seat in.
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that arm rest was always attached. did someone cut it off?
pdlstl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I don't think so. There is a hole right down at the bottom of the verical piece.

Dunno. have to look again.
GeorgeO.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seat rant Reply with quote

Wasted youth/adulthood wrote:

We would like to extend our thanks to you for purchasing a Volkswagen Type 2, and we know you'll get years of enjoyment from it!

You will note that your new Transporter comes factory equipped with a middle bench seat for the convenience of carrying your family and friends in total Volkswagen comfort and safety.

Please leave the damned seat in there. We put there for a reason, and only a complete ass would remove it and loose all the hardware and seatbelts. In the unlikely event that you do need to temporarily remove the middle bench seat, please attend to the user-friendly fastening system of special clamps, bolts, plates and nuts for a complete and professional reinstallation of this necessary seat. Misplacing this hardware is foolish and deeply time consuming to rectify. If you have temporarily removed the middle bench seat, please ensure that you are not behaving like a complete moron by leaving it out on the patio for your stupid yapping dogs to pee all over it.

Finally, if you find that your teenage son or daughter has decided to make a sectional lounge out of the rear seating arrangement to better entertain his or her garage-band dope smoking idiot friends, kindly remind your child that this is an unsafe practice and to immediately put the seat back in its proper arrangement.

Thank you! Smile

Well you better chug down some BP meds, because the 1965 11 window I bought had a middle seat and some plywood for a bed. I through out the middle seat in the trash because I wanted to install a camper set up. Came out nice, don't know where that seat ended up at though! Rolling Eyes
westy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with this rant,well done Smile my poor sept of 67 built 68 bay is missing the ever rare khaki sand color with brown trim middle seat Crying or Very sad
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seat rant Reply with quote

Quote:
Well you better chug down some BP meds, because the 1965 11 window I bought had a middle seat and some plywood for a bed. I through out the middle seat in the trash because I wanted to install a camper set up. Came out nice, don't know where that seat ended up at though! Rolling Eyes

Yer killin' me, Smalls! Shocked
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bus came to me with a brown leatherette middle seat that was incorrect for the M-code, but I hung on to it. Then I came across a guy selling some type 4 parts locally and I ultimately traded him the seat for a complete heat exchanger setup, since he had an otherwise immaculate 78 bus missing the middle seat - in brown leatherette.

Lo and behold, a few months later, I see said bus up for sale, advertised as missing the middle seat. I'm still not sure on that one. Wish I had kept the seat and given him cash.
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seat rant Reply with quote

GeorgeO. wrote:
Wasted youth/adulthood wrote:

Please leave the damned seat in there. We put there for a reason, and only a complete ass would remove it and loose all the hardware and seatbelts. In the unlikely event that you do need to temporarily remove the middle bench seat, please attend to the user-friendly fastening system of special clamps, bolts, plates and nuts for a complete and professional reinstallation of this necessary seat. Misplacing this hardware is foolish and deeply time consuming to rectify. If you have temporarily removed the middle bench seat, please ensure that you are not behaving like a complete moron by leaving it out on the patio for your stupid yapping dogs to pee all over it.

Thank you! Smile

You realize what splitty middle seats are worth, right? You threw away something very valuable.
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seat rant Reply with quote

tootype2crazy wrote:
You realize what splitty middle seats are worth, right? You threw away something very valuable.

You realize that GeorgeO. has been playing this game a long time, and could have thrown out that seat back when they were essentially worthless, right?

You realize that if everyone kept their splitty middle seats instead of throwing them away, they wouldn't be rare & valuable today, right?

Rolling Eyes
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types of middle seat people. The needy and the greedy, the greedy say who is who.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
JSMskater
Samba Grease Gorilla

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the full length middle bench seat. I have yet to see another bus in person with it. I frequently leave it out of the bus in my garage on the off chance that someone steals my bus, as it's easier to replace the bus than replace the middle seat.
TOOB Member #3
I make D-jet FI connectors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: