Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Monogamy, is there such a thing?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonecollector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: VW Monogamy, is there such a thing? Reply with quote

OK I was just reading a thread titled "sambas" and I had a thought. First the word Monogamy as defined by Webster reads as follows: 1.The practice of Marrying only once during a life time. 2.The state or custom of being married to one person at a time. Now apply this to VW's. If you could only have one VW what would it be. Is there really any VW enthusiast out there that really only has one ride, not including those with unsypathetic spouses, I'm talking one car and that's the way they like it. Can one VW really statisfy a person for their whole life? Personally I consider myself a Polygamist when it comes to VW's and cars in general. No way just one VW or even one model of VW can keep someone from lusting after someone elses ride. The good book says "Thou shalt not lust after thy neighbors ass." Let's be thankful there were no Vdubs around in Moses' time.Confused Jer.

WWW.VOLKSWEAR.COM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jessica
Samba Chat Whore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never thought of it that way before. I couldn't just choose one VW to have. I guess I shouldn't tell my Bugs that I have been lookin at Buses hoping to get one soon?

bonecollector wrote:
Let's be thankful there were no Vdubs around in Moses' time.

So true!
RIP RW

Quote:
MrBreeze: The snorklestang has no history. It was here before time began. Jesus himself drove that to high school
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a VW polygamist. just like it used to be in utah, a man is entitled to take as many VWs as he can afford to support. it really makes sense if you think about it. i'm faithful to all my buses and i'm patient and understanding during those times when they arent faithful to me.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me - polygamist (sp?)
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a regular cheap whore. I wanna bang this one, that one, those over there, and that one for sure. I wanna hump so bad that I'm not gonna waste the time to put a condom on!

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type877
Samba Haiku Masta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I live in UT where polygamy is still practiced, I enjoy having more than one. From the time I got my second VW, at age 18, I have had up to four at a time. That's the nice thing about a VW, they don't get mad or refuse to service you if you bring home another one.
When my bug finally sells I will be down to just my bus. I have to admit that is a little scary. I'm nervous about it. Anxious
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finances have always forced me to be monogamous with my VWs. Admittedly I've had as many as Liz Taylor's had husbands, but I've never been able to support more than one at a time.

-Taylor

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: 2 Reply with quote

Well i'm finally down to just 2.

A 54 KOMBI.

AND A 51 BUG.

I think I can be faithfull to the pair of them. Wink
(06:31:07) RoachGhia: "i drink dick way too fast"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing about owning a VW is that they're never jealous when you bring another one home. Wink
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the new owner comes to pick up my/his bug, I'll be down to just my bus. Be a scary thought, but it'll probably stay like that for a while.
OG Velvet
Samba Family Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next summer will be my bus and I's 14th anniversary. I am forced into economic monogamy at the moment, but I will have more. I will never give up my original. I'm just a sentimental sap.
'65 Honda Dream
TimB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OG Velvet wrote:
Next summer will be my bus and I's 14th anniversary. I'm just a sentimental sap.

Same here. The '62 rag top will always be a sentimental sap for me and like yourself I bought it in the summer of '90.
Hornman
Samba Soul Surfer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One woman man here. And just one bus, too. But if I had my way... Okay, I'd stick with the one woman but have a whole quiver of \X/s!!!
ronnie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Monogamy, is there such a thing? Reply with quote

I'm hooked for sure. The nicest thing is when you pass one around to your buddies and she just gets better and better with every new trick and toy. Can't wait to take a ride once you get her back.
http://www.oslp.org/
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there are some people out there that can be true to just one, I think they are the exception in this case.
I bought my '63 Crewcab in 1980 for 900$, still got her, along with 8 other various Brothers & Sista's in my yard, Lucky for me, when my wife moved in with me, I had 4 cars at the time (1979) and the Crewcab was #5 !! She's never asked WHY I need another ? Wink

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A toast to all the significant others out there who support the volkswagen addiction. The ones who don't ask why you need another. The ones who at least pretend to be as excited as you about your latest find. God bless 'em.
bonecollector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too toast to the spouses of Volkswagen addicts everywhere. It is a heavy cross to bear. My wife has been supportive of my addiction from day one. She spent almost 4 weeks with me practically living out of my 65 Deluxe during our honeymoon. We road tripped from Idaho to Mexico and almost made it back. We left in mid february with no heater whatsoever. I told her if we could make it to Southern Utah and Nevada it would be warm enough that we wouldnt need a heater. Two days later we got stuck in vegas because the freeway was iced over and they closed it down. When we hit California it was raining so hard I had water pooring through the old dryed up windshield seals, down my dash and into my shoes. We hit Mexico and all the roads along baja were washed out. We nearly got swept away in the current several times. If this all sounds unbelievable all I can say is El Nino. Anyone remember that? What a mess. The grand finally of the whole mess was when my motor gave up the ghost 2 miles from Hoover dam on the way back. The bus sat on the side of the road for 2 days with everything we owned inside and on the rack and luckily nobody touched a thing. We managed to get it towed to Henderson and came back for it a couple days later after hitching the Grey Hound home. We still have the old 65 Deluxe in the family and yes my wife still likes vdubs busses in particularly. The 65 Deluxe was our daily driver for the first couple years of our marriage and has a special spot in our family along with alot of other vdubs that all have their special place as well. My little girl that just turned two is even fascinated by them. She loves my 61 single cab. The other night she was determined to go for a ride. So at 10:30 at night we bundled up and went for a ride in "Skeeter". My wife is more attached to my 57 Panel named "Lyle". He is a original paint TV repair bus. Logoed as "Lyle's TV Repair" thus the name "Lyle". The desease is slowly creeping throughout my extended family aswell and it wont be long before the whole family is infected.

WWW.VOLKSWEAR.COM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OG Velvet
Samba Family Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of Idaho you in Bone?
'65 Honda Dream
bonecollector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Roam the southern part of the state. My stable is in Idaho Falls, roughly 4 hours from Boise and about 3 1/2 hours from Salt Lake City.

WWW.VOLKSWEAR.COM
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: