Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I sure could use some help.
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: I sure could use some help. Reply with quote

After taking care of my mother for years, she died and it has been hard on me. My two emotionally and hateful older sisters have turned on me: one is well off financially and has a fraudulent lawsuit for $xxxxxx. After spending $8,000 on two lawyers, I had to make a settlement during mediation because my lawyer said I would have to give him $xxxxxx to take it to Superior Court. Most of it will be a lean on my property (the older sister is co-trustee of my mother's living trust and will not let me put the property I inherited in my name; they have teamed up against me). Now, I am worried about a fraudulent lawsuit from the older sister (they are trying to destroy me). I haved been depressed, to say the least.
If anyone wants to help me finish the restoration of my 1959 double door bus, I have a nice house in Chico. The underbody and well wells are done; later model running gear has been installed. The lower right front door hinge is frozen and the right side cargo doors are too close together at the top. My two patch panels need to be welded on each side. Thanks.

Last edited by Campy on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, sorry to here about your mother. even more about your sisters.
Keep your head up and just keep fighting for whats right.
I wish I lived closer I would help in any way I could on your bus if I did.
Stay positive! It will all work out in the end.

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Campy I too am sorry to hear of your dear mothers passing, and to have siblings turn on you during this very sad time is just wrong. You have always been so helpful here I'm sure some Sambinistas will be there to help. Of course if I were closer I sure would. Hang in there and take care of yourself by doing what you love, your mom would want you to be happy.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, sorry to hear that.

What condition is your Bus in right now?? Is it painted already and just need some reassembly and door alignment?? Maybe some local guys will be able to help you get the Bus finished and get your mind off the other troubles.

If I were you, I'd forget the house and forget the sisters and get the Bus ready for an adventure. Sell everything and save up as much money for gas as you can...and off to forget about everything!!!! If you are friendly you could probably even fix some peoples' cars along the way for a little extra dinero and maybe some comida. Wink
**ACHTUNG DO NOT USE AA BRAND PRODUCTS OR BUY ANYTHING FROM PACIFIC PARTS INTERNATIONAL IN CALIFORNIA**
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my father died I really felt awful, but I started spending all my down time working on my car. Nothing like a big project to keep your mind off rotten things. By the time the car was done enough time had passed that all the issues seemed much easier to manage.
Good luck. You'll get through this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for being so kind to me.
After taking care of my mother for years after her second hip surgery (the other hip was shot from an old surgery) and doing everything for her, and I mean everything, including wiping her (this was a labor of love), her sytem broke down and she continued to lose weight. I kept feeding her to the end, hand feeding her the final six weeks for three hours a day. I stayed with her for 22.5 plus hours per day those final years, which is why I did not get my own life (I am not complaining). She did not know who I was last December and died last January. She was such a nice person and was always my best friend, which is why it has been so hard on me. It helps to reach out to people. Enloe Hospice has still not allowed me to enroll in their bereavement class. Add on the evilness from my sisters, I do not know how to get through this. I have my two dear dogs (the poodle is on my lap), thank God, but a female renter would help. I have not found one, yet.
I got the shifter on the 1959 double door's shaft and pushed the bus out under my carport. It was listed on eBay out of Colorodo and was supposed to have had professional body work done to it.
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The body work was not so great, the grey paint (he painted it) was beige and has orange peel all over it. All of the hardware for the front doors and the two sets of cargo door was missing, including the skinny shafts for the cargo doors, the new door panels, ceiling panels, and kick panels that were to go with it were not there (there were only poster board cutouts), the lower hinge on the right front door was frozen, and the upper inside of the right side cargo doors hit. It was not ready to go so the engine was not running but id did come with a new dual carburetor big bore engine. Believe it or not, he had put a six volt flywheel on it. I removed it and installed a 12 volt flywheel. I am going to put a super clean dual port 1600 cc engine in the bus. I took his running gear out and installed a rebuilt and painted 1967 transaxle and a 1964-1967 frontend.
I need the money so I need to finish the restoration and sell it. Maybe working on it will help me start feeling better. If you have ever felt this way, you know that you start to feel that it will never end.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get your screen name?

In layman's terms, if it's any of my business, what were the terms of the inheritance and how did the sisters muck it up.

On top of all that's happened to you it doesn't help that the cold and rain is here and the days are so short.

Do you have any pictures of your bus?
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have found out, CL isn't called "the CrazyList for nothing. We found the perfect renter for the Apt. above my shop strictly through word of mouth. When we started looking we literally asked everyone we knew who we thought would have a good candidate in mind.

Did you know that it is illegal in CA to advertise for one person to rent? You are discriminating against people with families. After being threatened with a lawsuit and trying to wade through all the Section-8 people and couples who wanted to rent the place, or people with pets or people who swore they wouldn't smoke in the non-smoking rental or the ex-cons or registered sex offenders we just about gave up. People who are landlords more than earn their money in my book!

I am also sorry for your loss and grieved by the behavior of your siblings. My mother-in-law didn't speak to her sister for 10 years over set of silver-plate flatware.

Too bad Linda G. can't move in. She likes animals AND she can wrench with the best of them!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my master's degree at Chico State in the fall of 1993 and my mother did not want to be left alone (my father died in 1988) so I stayed with her. We got along real well. My mother never liked my sister who sued me; she was mosly estranged or fully estranged since before there was dirt on the planet. The hatred really came out when she found out that I had inherited the property that my mother and I had lived on for over 25 years. One of the only true things in the text of her fraudulent lawsuit was her statement that everyone knew that I was going to inherit our mother's property. What is odd is that I was always polite to both sisters the few times that I saw them over the years. I did nothing to deserve their hatred. I don't hate; I even put spiders outside. Laughing
Anyone who wants to stop by my house and visit is welcome. I could use the company. Female company would really be appreciated. Chico is so awesome!
About that frozen front door lower hinge, should heat on it from my oxy/acetylene welder free it up?
quartermilecamel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told muratic acid does the trick. So does evaporust. Usedmapp gas heat on my beetle lower door hinge and weakend the hinge to door rivets and now it flops. Yes the torch could work but I would guess its gotta be quick or the heat will travel twards the rivets. Never touched a cardo door and not too sure if it even has rivets but guessing it does.
Been there done that on sorting out effects from a loved one. All I can say there is look for the most simplest way out of it all to get peace that works for you. Maybe some day when the sisters grow up, they might come around. Major props to you to be able to help your mom like that. I wish you peace as soon as you can find it.
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Campy real sorry to hear about losing your mom and the heart ache your siblings are causing over the estate.

Our family went threw this very thing recently. My uncle cared for his parents till the end. My uncle kept my Grandfather out of retirement homes and provided care ( I flew in for months at a time to help give home breaks). Seemed like the vultures showed up a day after his passing to grab what they could. My uncle was made the executer of the estate and given the right to by the house all of which was in the will. My mother a diehard catholic was the devil during this whole time. Long story short she held things up on the purchase costin my uncle dearly. In the end everyone lost money and it ruined what was left of my family. 2 years later I still have not spoke to my mother.

Lesson I learned... People are ugly and greedy.

One things for sure your mother would not want to see her kids fighting over what she left for you kids. Someone has to take the higher road and set an example.

My uncle did just this. Told his siblings if the wanted to spend all the inheritance fighting the will in litigation that was fine. He would walk away from it all and let the lawyers have it. Eventually my mom came around and Signed off on things. Probably because she wanted her share.

I will pray you guys find a solution for your differences.
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campy my condolences, it's a shame you have to deal with what you're going through. While I cannot help you out with your bus or your sisters, I will pray for you find the peace you once had and the pain of the loss of your mother will subside. Hang in there bus brother...
Phil 4:13
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a friend that had his brothers turn on him after his father's passing; the guy worked his whole life helping his father build vw motors and other mechanical work on vw's, his dad had a shop behind their house.
he said the other brothers had no interest in vw's and could care less about the business ; as soon as the father died they wanted to make sure they got their cut of the cars they had collected and everything else he had as well. my friend is the exact opposite, was trying to do what his father wanted; his brothers are a bunch of greedy assholes,and wanted everything they could get. it's amazing how money changes SOME people.

on a brighter note; if you are planning on painting this bus break out your torch, and heat that hinge pin area up; thn shock ccol it with a stream of water; once you get it to move some, pb-blaster and working it back and forth should free it up; ususlly a propane torch will work for this, but if you have an ox/act. outfit, no harm in trying that.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family can cause more pain than anyone else. So sorry to hear about this Campy. But all things will pass.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did right by your Mom. Nobody can take that away from you, no matter what. I know it kinda sucks now, but it will get better. Try to stay busy doing things you like to do. It will help. God Bless
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Parts List Reply with quote

Make a parts list. I will gladly help with parts I have stashed. I am sure many will follow.

I am glad I am an only child. I don't need any siblings shitting on my party. Hang in there.
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't take your memories, and at the end of the day, that's all that you really have. Everything is just "stuff" that prompts the memories that you can just as easily relive with a little thoughtful reflection.

I have 2 older sisters that are exactly as yours. They have more than the rest of the "kids", but they're the ones that want, demand, all of "it".

I'm not above material things as reminders, but I've decided that one small special item from each parent, that I can pass down to my children, will suffice.

From my dad, when my mother passes, I will get the flag that was draped over his casket. He's ex-Navy. I will use the same flag on mine (ex AF), as will his grandsons that are currently serving (2 AF, 1 Army).

From my mom I'll get a hand carved duck that my dad made for her and that she cherishes above all else.

Monetarily, nothing. Sentimentally, priceless.

I decided that if the rest of the family wants to tear themselves apart over a little money and some stuff, let them. I can look at myself in the mirror without embarrassment. If they have a conscience, and they may not, they will know that my mom and dad are watching them and weeping in shame at what they'd become.
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zozo wrote:

From my dad, when my mother passes, I will get the flag that was draped over his casket. He's ex-Navy. I will use the same flag on mine (ex AF), as will his grandsons that are currently serving (2 AF, 1 Army).

That is meaningful on so many levels. WOW.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone. It shows me that there are still good people out there. I cry easily and I started crying when I read about the flag over the casket. Crying has helped.
The older sister, the co-trustee of the living trust, along with me, at least acted nice when I spoke with her four times over my telephone after the burial (the sisters had six weeks notice that a doctor said that mom was going to die and never came; when notified that she had died, they came right out) and she at least acted nice. It was so nice to here her voice. A couple of months later, I spoke with her for the last time: she was turning against me and the two sisters joined forces. After that, she would not sign the paper so I could get the property in my name and I had to hire the first of two lawyers. She hasn't budged and the lawyer has to have a judge remover her as co-trustee. They are trying to destroy me emotionally and financially, and they have succeded. I found out that I cannot even get the sister who sued in trouble for purgery and get money from her for emotional harm.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: