Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I sure could use some help.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't screw you out of everything. There's a will and from the sounds of it, they've made no effort to to provide support for your mom in any regard, so I can't imagine they'd have much of case to have you removed from the equation. Figure out as best you can (appraisal?) and document, the value of your share of the estate, then offer to sell your share to her/them at a reduced value. If they accept, it gets you "move-on" money, puts it all behind you, salvages your emotional and mental well being, and gets them out of your life for as long as you wish it to be that way.

It's not worth it man. Your mom is gone, you know the value of the relationship you had with her, and you'll have that forever. Let the vultures feast on the material side of things, and move into the next chapter of your life.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear of this. Best wishes. Take care of yourself. Don't let the bastards grind you down.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campy wrote:
My two emotionally and hateful older sisters have turned on me

Ok, gotcha. So you inherited the two dogs and the property then the sisters are weaseling their "shares" out of it but never gave a hoot about your mother. Plus you did everything. You paid her back in spades for every diaper wipe and bottle feed she gave you for being born. That will look good on your permanent record.

Campy wrote:
he had put a six volt flywheel on it. I removed it

What condition is the flywheel in? Is it an 0-ring 6-volt?

Campy wrote:
installed a rebuilt and painted 1967 transaxle

That's the best. Is the late '67 or with the flying saucer space ship side covers?

Campy wrote:
and a 1964-1967 frontend.

All hooked up to steering, brakes, and speedo?
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't put the speedometer back in the dash until I paint the cab grey. The new paint job that came with it was beige when, according to the ad on eBay, it was grey. Also, there was orange peel all over. The dude painted it himself with PPG Deltron (I think that it was deltron). The plan is to finish the body work, paint it, then have the people at Sierra Neveda Brewerey put their decals on the body. The hard part is that I need to butt weld into the hole in each upper rear side (some idiot wanted windows some years ago) the sections with braces that I cut out of a junked bus. The "professional" body man had just put sheet metal behind and overlapping each hole (no brace), then put filler all over the indentation and way beyond. With all of that filler and no factory brace behind it, the left side had developed three cracks just while being transported on a trailer from Colorodo.
So, it is cool to pour muriatic acid over the frozen hinge?
To repair the roof (no pictures in the eBay ad of it for me to know it), the body man cut a slit side to side in it just behind the cab to relieve the stress from a dent instead of heat shrinking it. He tack welded a strip of sheet metal beneath.
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did the same thing towards the rear but lenghtwise. He then installed two factory braces in between the two stock ones. That sucker is strong. There are no cracks on top of the roof and it looks good. That reminds me, the 1956 bus I got the nose panel off of had three braces beneath its roof. Was that stock through that model year? If so, why did later models not have the third brace? It was a good thing to have in that center area.
What should I cover the underside of the roof with? It is a panel.
Yes, I did wipe my mother the last three and one-half years of her life after her second hip surgery (the other hip was shot from an old surgery). I lifted her up and down, and stayed with her for twenty-two plus hours a day for all of that time. That is why I never got my own life and don't have a child or girlfriend, which is making it tough, now. I am not complaining because I did the right thing. My sisters were out of state and not there. It hurts that they are even lying to relatives about me and trying to turn them against me. This could be a plot for a movie. Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: