Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Having a bad week with EMPI
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they discontinued them that means they're off the hook???

How about some money back? I know it probably wont happen but its like a roofer saying " all my roofs leaked (because i do crappy work) so i stopped installing them and i cant warranty any of the ones i installed"
shred625
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I wont use lifted spindles. Better off doing the ole cut and turn.
Kustom1warehouse.net
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Having a bad week with EMPI Reply with quote

chromoly stub, lazer cut plate, german vw spindle cut and milled flat, tig welded
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joemama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Having a bad week with EMPI Reply with quote

I agree with some of the others, find out who handles customer relations at Empi, and send them a link to this thread. At the very least they should offer you your money back, or an equal value replacement. This thread will continue to grow, and they should be concerned. If you can, go over to Empi, take the parts with you, and pictures, ask for a manager. I hope you dont let them off the hook.
L5wolvesf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Having a bad week with EMPI Reply with quote

EMPI, INC. Copr ID# C0816040

Agent for Service of Process:
DANIEL E. WELDEN
301 E. ORANGETHORPE AVE.
ANAHEIM CA 92801

For further Corp info:
https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/

SNORE # 1196 sponsored by:
- www.356carburetorrescue.com/home.html
- Barnwerks Fabrication & Welding
- ArtSpeed Graphics

“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
S. McQueen
Dark Earth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Having a bad week with EMPI Reply with quote

Kustom1warehouse.net wrote:
chromoly stub, lazer cut plate, german vw spindle cut and milled flat, tig welded

Are these ball joint bug spindles ? How much lift ?

~I'm almost done. I just lack finishing up.~ Anxious
GreenImp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Having a bad week with EMPI Reply with quote

joemama wrote:
This thread will continue to grow, and they should be concerned.

I question this thought. It's not like they don't already know how crappy most of their parts are. They clearly operate on the business model of getting away with as much as they can (as far as selling cheap crap). As mentioned above, they don't have much competition, and this is by design. They're buying up their competition one by one and running the prices up and the quality down. It's a classic successful business model. Instead of complaining, we should all be buying stock! Just my .02

I'm glad the OP's incident wasn't worse as it easily could have been.

EDIT: I just realized that this thread was recently revived and the OP is 5 years old. I'm curious how things worked out for him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Having a bad week with EMPI Reply with quote

Holy shit I can't believe it has been 5 years now since that happened. Well I ain't dead yet, so that's cool. Sold that car forever ago and the one I have now has much better spindles. I still have my Thing spindles on the shelf, just haven't had a good time to install them.

GreenImp wrote:
I just realized that this thread was recently revived and the OP is 5 years old. I'm curious how things worked out for him.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turkish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: EMPI Spindles Reply with quote

vwboat wrote:
I purchased a set of Empi raised spindles last year and the hole for the upper ball joint was cast or drilled way off center. No way I could use the spindle or wanted to the way it was constructed. Returned set to supplier and was told Empi had found their jig was off so they discontinued the spindles. I went with Kustom1 warehouse spindles and am real happy with them.......

If you got them from the new Karls, I was the mechanic at the time and got those spindles after you returned them. I TIG welded a reinforcement plate onto that spindle and ran them for a while, but they now sit on my shelf starting to crack in the exact same location as the OP's so good call on returning them.

I'll also add another +1 for Kustom1 spindles, they are what I chose to replace the EMPI junk and I love them.
nemobuscaptain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Having a bad week with EMPI Reply with quote

GreenImp wrote:
I question this thought. It's not like they don't already know how crappy most of their parts are. They clearly operate on the business model of getting away with as much as they can (as far as selling cheap crap). As mentioned above, they don't have much competition, and this is by design.

We are the reason they have succeeded.

Empi has always been garbage.

And it has made them rich.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FullMoonBusClub

RIP Bob Hoover https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=427791
Hoover Sermons: https://www.vwsage.com/images/vwsage/Bob%20Hoovers%20Sermons.pdf
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: