Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Has anyone dealt with T3-Umbau.de
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
outwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Has anyone dealt with T3-Umbau.de Reply with quote

I recently purchased an input shaft from these guys with the TDI splines so you can run a TDI clutch in a vanagon/ syncro transmission. I paid $198 for one shipped to the USA on Nov 14th and a box came ...but it is completely empty. I'm not saying they are scammers but seems a little strange to me. I know boxes are opened at customs, etc. Ebay closed the case I had against them as the tracking number shows delivery. Unfortunately they will not respond to my emails either. Has anyone had any dealings with this company ?

I guess I'm out $200.00 but I still need one of these. Does anyone know where else I can get one ?

Thanks

Last edited by outwesty on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lloydy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brickwerks sell them
http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/input-shaft-t3-tdi.html
I'd happily post it on for you if needed
As for the tdi umbau people, I know of one persons dealings with them, he got the part but had very little communication from them.
outwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very nice of you to offer. I have money in my Paypal act right now I can you pay with. I will PM you when I get home later and hopefully we can figure something out.

Thats why I dig this place

Thank You !
Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zeohsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lloydy wrote:
Brickwerks sell them
As for the tdi umbau people, I know of one persons dealings with them, he got the part but had very little communication from them.

No Brickwerkes doesn't sell them to USA guy says his insurance won't allow it! I had to call in a favor with one of my Euro Corvette buddies to source one. Wish someone would sell Euro parts to us in the USA
outwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further inspection of the box it appears maybe it slid out of a hole in the corner. Very poor choice of packaging for an item this size/ shape. I contacted DHL and he is the only one that can file a claim but he will not respond. I guess whats a $200 loss when it comes to a syncro transmission...right....lol

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by outwesty on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
lloydy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, bernd jeager also sells them
http://www.vw-t3-bus-shop.de/eng/gearbox-parts/gea...f-tdi.html
And post to USA for €30, he doesn't do paypal though, you have to do a bank transfer. Might work out cheaper for you?
I'm happy to post the Brickwerks one for you though
lloydy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeohsix wrote:
lloydy wrote:
Brickwerks sell them

No Brickwerkes doesn't sell them to USA guy says his insurance won't allow it! I had to call in a favor with one of my Euro Corvette buddies to source one. Wish someone would sell Euro parts to us in the USA

thats why I offered to post it on for him
zeohsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can offer up Beer to you in payment for your troubles in sourcing parts or us poor Yanks. Ill be more than happy to pay a purchase/packaging fee to someone in the UK to order parts and ship them. My Euro friends are usually trading for Corvette parts, right now my friend is fighting Austrian customs over parts. They must know he owns a 427 Stingray and want to do their part to curb global warming Razz
canasync
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't just cough up more cash. Get in touch with the vendor first, and wait for eBay to reply. They tend to side with the customer. Also, see if there was shipping insurance.

To spend two hundred bucks without trying to rectify your issue would be foolish.
Cruise Control
Remote Start/locks
Custom Lift
Custom Bumpers with receivers
Coast Mountain Hightop - Comming Soon

1985 2wd Vanagon Pre-runner in the making
soon to be powered by 2.5L Subaru
Custom Lift
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
outwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canasync wrote:
Don't just cough up more cash. Get in touch with the vendor first, and wait for eBay to reply. They tend to side with the customer. Also, see if there was shipping insurance.

To spend two hundred bucks without trying to rectify your issue would be foolish.

As stated above ebay already closed the case as the tracking info shows delivered.
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeohsix wrote:
lloydy wrote:
Brickwerks sell them

Plenty of vendors sell/ship to the US.
I have it done on a monthly basis.
If you need something from Brickwerks, I can make it happen.
Double taxes, double shipping + 20% for my time.
CHARLIE-DONT-SURF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have used umbau myself and they rarely reply to emails once youve paid for something. was chasing Tdi parts for ages and they eventually replied once the parts had turned up anyway!!( were very slow to ship it once i had paid)

http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/blog/2013/12/sales-to-the-us-and-canada/

Only way to get stuff from BW to your side of the pond is via a uk address.

Brother Lloydy is as straight as they come and totally trustworthy.

I am shipping a load of syncro stuff to USA for someone this next week. I pay for all the parts and the shipping upfront (from a few different suppliers including BW) so Mr USA hasn't got any worries about doing multiple payments and incurring any potential extra charges if bank transfers are used etc. Can also put in any second hand parts that are hard to find in the USA.

Repackaged properly but in smallest box possible and ditching as much weight as possible due to weight AND volumetric shipping fees.(some vendors will send a small part in a huge box with tons of packing due to set courier prices within UK) All paperwork scanned and sent via email.

Customs paperwork attached and shipped.

Money transferred, happy yank receives parcel.

Everyone happy! No mark up, no profits, no fee paid for my time.

Its all about the karma!
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had Samba help sourcing rare Euro parts for the Syncro. No charge, just nice vanagon brothers from across the pond. A warm thanks to you guys again, and thanks for the kindness.

DougM
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHARLIE-DONT-SURF wrote:
Have used umbau myself and they rarely reply to emails once youve paid for something. was chasing Tdi parts for ages and they eventually replied once the parts had turned up anyway!!( were very slow to ship it once i had paid)

http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/blog/2013/12/sales-to-the-us-and-canada/

Only way to get stuff from BW to your side of the pond is via a uk address.

Brother Lloydy is as straight as they come and totally trustworthy.

I am shipping a load of syncro stuff to USA for someone this next week. I pay for all the parts and the shipping upfront (from a few different suppliers including BW) so Mr USA hasn't got any worries about doing multiple payments and incurring any potential extra charges if bank transfers are used etc. Can also put in any second hand parts that are hard to find in the USA.

Repackaged properly but in smallest box possible and ditching as much weight as possible due to weight AND volumetric shipping fees.(some vendors will send a small part in a huge box with tons of packing due to set courier prices within UK) All paperwork scanned and sent via email.

Customs paperwork attached and shipped.

Money transferred, happy yank receives parcel.

Everyone happy! No mark up, no profits, no fee paid for my time.

Its all about the karma!

Good karma to you!

Any chance you go by the name of Papa Noël?

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
outwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does brickwerks ship to finland? I'm getting ready to bring a dual locker panel van over...perhaps my friend can toss it in the glove box. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a shipping company let me know. I have not looked too hard with the craziness of the holidays but the first 3 shippers I've contacted don't do Finland.

Thanks for your help insyncro. You only had two I's in that paragraph. That's pretty good for you.
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outwesty wrote:
Does brickwerks ship to finland?

Probably. They shipped stuff to Spain for me. Picked it up from my family's home in Madrid when visited them a couple years ago.

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
Tristar Eric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ze Germans love their Chinese cardboard!

Pretty typical, Shaun S lost the same exact part out of a box they shipped.

It may be DHL dropping the boxes a certain way. I recently had an electric motor shaft poking out of a box, and it was packed fairly well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outwesty wrote:
Thanks for your help insyncro. You only had two I's in that paragraph. That's pretty good for you.

Knock me all you want.
"I" pay to have my shipments double boxed, wrapped and they arrive intact.
"I" wouldn't trust a single box going domestic with auto parts in it, let alone coming from Europe.
"I" personally communicate with all vendors, before and after the sale and since "My" shipping accounts are used, "I" would file for insurance claims if any issues arise on my end.

One Rate Boxes from FedEx...."I" have the boxes and labels sent to them and they call for pick up, done deal.
CHARLIE-DONT-SURF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insyncro wrote:

"I" wouldn't trust a single box going domestic with auto parts in it, let alone coming from Europe.

Can you expand on that a bit chap as its not a phrase we use this side of the pond.

I am reading as if UPS say have two different services , one for commercial and one for domestic, two parallel companies which I am sure isn't the case.

What's the difference?
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHARLIE-DONT-SURF wrote:
insyncro wrote:

Can you expand on that a bit chap as its not a phrase we use this side of the pond.

I am reading as if UPS say have two different services , one for commercial and one for domestic, two parallel companies which I am sure isn't the case.

What's the difference?

Double box = a box within another box.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: