Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1974 VW Camper
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
draddots
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: 1974 VW Camper Reply with quote

So I dated into a 1974 VW Camper, and then apparently that also included marrying into a 1968 VW Bus (which I recently trailered back home and is sitting in the backyard waiting for enough time that I can re-attach fuel pedal and getting in running order).
I have a very vague understanding of bus value, but was hoping for a little guidance or help pointed in the right direction. We are having our second child and she wants to sell off both of them (the buses, that is). Not enough time to give them the attention they really deserve (again, the buses Razz). I'm sure someone out there would have great adventures with these buses.
Anyway, this 1974 is for the majority completely stock. It had an engine rebuild I'm told and she's got lots of paperwork. I think with the rebuild they must have changed the carb since it's not the same stock one I've seen on others of the same year. It is German at least so I could barely get much info when tuning. I've replaced the ignition lock cylinder and replaced most of the fuel lines. Otherwise, largely still stock. I'm including 4 pictures of the 1974 but I can also take additional pictures as needed if anyone wants more photos or info that I can get on it. Just let me know.
It also has a roof rack, but I don't have it on in the pictures.
Any help or direction on where/how I can get the value of them figured out would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: 1974 VW Camper Reply with quote

probably only $500. But I really like the color and have been looking for that exact style for over a year, so I'll give you $1000. PM to work out a deal. Very Happy
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1974 VW Camper Reply with quote

campers are all about the interior setup. pop the top, and snap some pics of the inside.....who was the camper conversion company?
vocho_702
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1974 VW Camper Reply with quote

Use this site to find other buses that might be comparable to yours. Just from those pics, buses around here in Vegas are going for a few grand.

69 Sunroof Beetle-AirheadParts Treffen 18
DD-70 Baywindow Camper-AirheadParts Treffen 21
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: